St Matthews to St. Bedes.
Hello all,
great site but oh so slow.I went to the above schools and have a wealth of stories of different occurences from both up to 1974. Someone please stimulate me into action,(mentally that is).I can remember more of those days than i can of last week.I am not religious anymore,thank god.Wink
Hi again,
i'm not religious either.Der!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just corrected a spelling mistake.
jazman Wrote:Hello all,
great site but oh so slow.I went to the above schools and have a wealth of stories of different occurences from both up to 1974. Someone please stimulate me into action,(mentally that is).I can remember more of those days than i can of last week.I am not religious anymore,thank god.Wink

jazman, have you tested your internet speed via http://www.speedtest.net/? You should be getting a download sped of at least 1mb
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Thanks Admin,
i meant speed of the members stories etc..I only come on now and again and am a bit slow on the pc.In need of some tuition.Some great imformation nonetheless.
I went to St Matthew's from the age of 6. I remember the following teachers:
Miss Moore
Mrs Toberty
Mrs Pallister
Miss O'Conner (spelling????)
Mr Rogers
Both Misses Finnegan (one being the Headmistress)
Miss Swallow (The succeeding Headmistress to Miss Finnegan)
jazman Wrote:Thanks Admin,
i meant speed of the members stories etc..I only come on now and again and am a bit slow on the pc.In need of some tuition.Some great imformation nonetheless.

That happens don't it slow replies sometimes
Swings and roundabouts innit
The more input you put in, the more replies you get
But like all sites there are also takers who are too selfish to contribute or have nothing to give
'Lurkers' used to be the terminology

So lets see if your input can stimulate others replies? .............

It don't take much stimulation for me to reply, if I have anything I can reply with
Titties for tatties innit .....................................
I have been to both of these schools but perhaps not the ones you expect.I was born in the centre of Jarrow, and started school at St.Bedes infant school in 1947.This was attached to St.Bedes church and has long since been demolished.Approx.1949 we moved to Bilton Hall Est.and I went to Finchale Tce. a.k.a cardboard city.My final teacher here was Miss Skelly.The headmistress Molly Finnigan had her desk in our classrom and missed nothing.In 1954 we were all moved to the new school in Durham Grove along with the girls from Belsfield.My teacher here was Nellie Finnigan(Mollies sister)I was convinced she disliked us boys.My conection with Jarrow catholic schools then ended.Sorry to go on a bit,but you asked for some response.Smile
Pauline M Wrote:I went to St Matthew's from the age of 6. I remember the following teachers:
Miss Moore
Mrs Toberty
Mrs Pallister
Miss O'Conner (spelling????)
Mr Rogers
Both Misses Finnegan (one being the Headmistress)
Miss Swallow (The succeeding Headmistress to Miss Finnegan)

But but Pauline, all those lessons and you never learned a thing :p
How are you my dear long lost marra Wink . Lets see how long it takes you to realise who I am......hehehe
Giz a clue Mad Geordie lol
Hmmmmmmmmmm clue is in my name....mad Big Grin. We have had many a drink together. We have not seen each other for a while, but when we do its as if no time has passed. Compared to YOU... I am shy :peace: Wink