Site tidy up
You may have noticed that I've done a bit of 'cleaning' up on this site and moved things around a little.

Some users have pointed out that there was just 'too much going on', especially on the home page.

Changes include:
  • Removal of side column
  • Removal of busness forums
  • Removal of news feed forums
  • Reduced page width to 65% of screen
  • Reduced picture & comment count for the albums on home page and moved to bototm of screen.
    • I hope these changes makes the site feel less cluttered and a little easier to use (home page should load faster as well), appreciate your comments either way.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Nice changes Admin.

One point that I would like to change is to make the width 100%.

At 65 the page looks a little strecthed.

That's just my opinion of course. Cool
jarraman Wrote:Nice changes Admin.

One point that I would like to change is to make the width 100%.

At 65 the page looks a little strecthed.

That's just my opinion of course. Cool
Do you mean squashed jarraman? I reduced the width from 100% to 65% as it was looking stretched to me (I run at 1920 x 1080) so I've squashed it down.

I'll do some tests with different screen resolutions to see how it looks.

I personally prefer the look at 65% but if others prefer 100% (or another setting) then 100 it shall be! :typing:
Yes, sorry I mean squashed. I find a bit more difficult to view.
Admin Wrote:You may have noticed that I've done a bit of 'cleaning' up on this site and moved things around a little.

Some users have pointed out that there was just 'too much going on', especially on the home page.

Changes include:
  • Removal of side column
  • Removal of busness forums
  • Removal of news feed forums
  • Reduced page width to 65% of screen
  • Reduced picture & comment count for the albums on home page and moved to bototm of screen.
    • I hope these changes makes the site feel less cluttered and a little easier to use (home page should load faster as well), appreciate your comments either way.
Much better thanks Dx
Sorry Admin, But I would prefer it at 100% SmileSmile
I do like that the side column & business forums have been removed but I think that a lot of older of posts & albums & photo comments will be overlooked/missed in the new format.
What about putting it to a poll & go with the majority?
I also prefer 100 %,But I'll go with the flow Smile
100% for me too.
We'll run with it for a few days but it's looking like 100% is the prefered choice.
Admin Wrote:We'll run with it for a few days but it's looking like 100% is the prefered choice.

I preferred it the old way I come back off holiday and log on, and I thought my computer was on the blink, and started trying to put it right, as I know nowt about computers I had to eventually give up, so I was reading the posts then I came across the post that every one was haveing the same problem, so I just left it. on reading more posts I see not many people are happy with it, so it could be a case of if it is not broken don;t fix it.