Share Your Pics
Got a picture you?d like to share with the local community? Perhaps an old picture of the area or some personal snaps you?d like others to see?

You can easily upload your pictures for others (registered users only) to view & comment, just follow the steps below:
  • Click on th'e 'All Albums' link in the top navigation bar
  • Click the 'Add Album' near the top left of the screen.
  • Enter a title and description for your album and hit 'Submit'
  • Click 'Upload Pictures' and you'll be presented with a screen allowing you to upload pictures from your PC.
    • Remember, only registered memebers can view your photos and you can easily remvoe a picture if you change your mind.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
SmileEveryone has those old postcards or photos of special events ie:
Jarrow Festivals, Church Parades from yesteryear. Maybe a few photos when Ships got launched.
SmileMaybe a few special events, like street parties, or events held within one of Jarrows Parks. Its a good excuse to get in a few cans..or get kettle on then get family going through old photos. cheers Cait
Good idea Cait,sadly most of my pics are in negative form and what with a weddig coming up (daughter) I just cannot go out and get a scanner.

Im sure I do have lots of photo's and eventually I will get them uploaded.
St James Park till the day I die.
Hi Staffy, have you thought about sending a few negs to our Admin, and asking if he can scan them for you.Smile Pass on a couple of cyber pints..lol..and using the gift of the 'Blarney' you could ask him..he may say..yes no problem..worth a try.
As for the wedding aahh!! when is it? this year or next? Stay strong things will I am sure be great on the day....okay till then you may get stressed out a little bitWink cheers Cait
If every visitor to the Jarrow Website, shared a few photos of their part of the town. Or even posted a message or two, it would be great. :gossip::typing:
Hi Admin, do you by chance have any posters in Jarrow Library or around Jarrow that mentions the Jarrowlife Forum..Smile
I know Jarrow has a History group, they may have some photos of old Jarrow to share on site, that way they will also gain some extra membersSmile
Jarrow like many other towns has a history, heritage that needs to be recorded, in any shape or form.
That way the youngsters have an idea of how the town has changed over the years.
cheers Cait:couch2:
Not yet Cait but hopefully will soon (see here). I wanted to see how the was received before I splashed out on posters and flyer's.

I did email Norman Dunn, inviting him to post some pics form his site and added a link so hopefully he will post some pics soon.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Just posted my first two pics. It took ages,and the rest failed to upload.

I will try again soon.......Hi folks.
St James Park till the day I die.
Cait Wrote:SmileEveryone has those old postcards or photos of special events ie:
Jarrow Festivals, Church Parades from yesteryear. Maybe a few photos when Ships got launched.
SmileMaybe a few special events, like street parties, or events held within one of Jarrows Parks. Its a good excuse to get in a few cans..or get kettle on then get family going through old photos. cheers Cait

Hi Cait, is it possible to add photo's to the existing albums ie. school photo's or would a member have to create their own album which would be an assortment of what previous albums are already titled.
For example i have a couple of school photo's which i would like just to add to the existing album and then some football ones i would like to add to the sports teams album. I hope i have explained this clearly.[Image: confused.gif]
Cheers[Image: smile.gif]
Jay, you have to create your own album. I can copy it and put it in another album ie school photos or wildlife.