Server Move
You may have noticed that the site was down for most of yesterday as I attempted to move to another server. The job was far bigger than I anticipated with over 600Mb of data and 3Gb of images.

I ended up cancelling the transfer and reverting back to the original site. I need to investigate how to transfer such a huge amount of data and try again next weekend. Hopefully the site won’t be down for more than a day.

I’ll also be upgrading the site to the latest version of the software.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Welcome back, we missed you! Smile
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, nothing but happiness come through your door.
Admin Wrote:You may have noticed that the site was down for most of yesterday as I attempted to move to another server. The job was far bigger than I anticipated with over 600Mb of data and 3Gb of images.

I ended up cancelling the transfer and reverting back to the original site. I need to investigate how to transfer such a huge amount of data and try again next weekend. Hopefully the site won’t be down for more than a day.

You just gave me a few more white hair's admin as I thought I had lost the site all together, what ever you are doing with the site please dont make it to complicated as I am not very good with complicated things, thank you
Admin Wrote:You may have noticed that the site was down for most of yesterday as I attempted to move to another server. The job was far bigger than I anticipated with over 600Mb of data and 3Gb of images.

Hi Admin,
Could you break the sizes down, as I know images do take a while to transfer,
I thought you were having a bit of trouble as the site was down so long, anyway good luck with the next attempt.
if any body can do it you can admin,stay lucky ch.
Sapper Wrote:Hi Admin,
Could you break the sizes down, as I know images do take a while to transfer,
I thought you were having a bit of trouble as the site was down so long, anyway good luck with the next attempt.

Yeh, gonna have to do it in batches so I'll need to do a few tests on a dummy site first.
crazy horse Wrote:if any body can do it you can admin,stay lucky ch.

Cheers CH, I'll do my best Smile.