School trips and holidays
jarraman Wrote:Its a shame that. I'm sure the school kids would learn so much if they went away with the school and go camping living in the wild.

Teachers unfortunately who can blame them?

I work in a Special School in Oxfordshire & all our older students go on an outward bound type trip every year. We have had students in wheelchairs canoeing & abseiling etc.
We used to go to Howtown from Springfield.
The schhools up here tend to go to Thurston near Coniston.They have a great time there.I'm a bit biased though cos me niece used to be an instructor there.My sister goes over with friends sometime for canoeing and sailing.She works inn shields hospital.

We went to an old house in Patterdale.

We got caught nicking cake and had to spend the night on our own in a room.

Stopped nicking after that. :o
Hi i rember going on the trips to holy island it was great.
we went to the lake district as a kid we lived at 66 Noram ter, My aunt Sally took me up skiddaw one day i loved it we were back the next year and spent a week hill walking. 1956
The story i now work as a full time mountaineering instructor and i love my job .
I also take lots of kids out in the hills as well Mel T
[quote=Bazza899]I remember when I was at Hedworthfield all the school trips and holidays they used to have. Especially Thurston and Howtown in the Lakes were we went Fell Walking, Rock Climbing, Sailing and Canoeing. Oh happy days Big Grin[/QUO

I REMEMBER GOING TO ST MARYS LIGHTHOUSE IN THE 2ND YEAR JUNIORS AT HEDWORTHFIELD. THAT WOULD BE 1971 AND I WAS IN MRS CLARKS CLASS AND SHE WAS A WONDERFUL TEACHER.

IN THE 4TH YEAR WE WENT TO YORK FOR THE DAY. IT WAS A REAL EYE OPENER AS IT WAS THE FURTHEST I HAD BEEN AWAY AND TO USE THE TRAIN TO GET THERE FELT REALLY SPECIAL. MY TEACHER WAS MR PAITESON. HARD BUT FAIR HE WAS.
We went to Staithes & stayed in 'huts' also went to Howtown from Springfield