Saltwell park
A couple of photo's from saltwell on friday. These two cheeky fellows decided to join me when I sat down for a sandwich, needless to say I moved rather than argue with them.

Attached Files
.jpg   lamesly 035.jpg (Size: 589.05 KB / Downloads: 6)
.jpg   lamesly 038.jpg (Size: 595.93 KB / Downloads: 8)
its years since I was in saltwell park, I must make a point of going up one day when the weather gets a bit warmer, it takes me back to my youth when they used to run bus trips to the park for the day, we kids thought we had been mile away. do they still have the boating lake and the musiem and the maze, and I remember the bird enclosure. are they all still there?.
Mary Wrote:its years since I was in saltwell park, I must make a point of going up one day when the weather gets a bit warmer, it takes me back to my youth when they used to run bus trips to the park for the day, we kids thought we had been mile away. do they still have the boating lake and the musiem and the maze, and I remember the bird enclosure. are they all still there?.

They are all still there Mary and it's only a few years ago that Gateshead Council spent a huge amount of money renovating it and there are now two playgrounds, for the under 5's and over 5's. There also refreshments available including an ice cream van.
What more could you require?
The Adventurer Wrote:They are all still there Mary and it's only a few years ago that Gateshead Council spent a huge amount of money renovating it and there are now two playgrounds, for the under 5's and over 5's. There also refreshments available including an ice cream van.
What more could you require?
A toilet.

For us elderly who can't hold their water.Confusedorry: