Rubbish at the Slake
Tilly Wrote:That flytipping is disgraceful! I can't understand why they don't take the rubbish to the council rubbish-village (whatever it's called!) Surely it would be as easy as dropping it there? When you see these programmes on the telly I was surprised what lengths they go to, tracing the offenders, checking through allsorts of filthy rubbish. Maybe we should all start reporting these things to enviromental health, does anyone know if they follow it up? I'd like to see them get huge fines and make sure that they pay them! I hate litter louts:mad::mad::mad:

Tilly, this is reported to the council everytime I find the flytipping. It occurs on this scale approx every 6 weeks.

They are quite good as they are there to clear up very quickly.

Not sure if they follow it up or not. I do though pass my name, address and phone number. They've never contacted me ever.
fisherman Wrote:No problem,If I come across a container I'll make you one,I've got bit's of pipe lying about In garden..
Haway then Fish' spill the beans and give us the destructions on how to make a pond filter.Big GrinBig Grin

jarraman Wrote:Tilly, this is reported to the council everytime I find the flytipping. It occurs on this scale approx every 6 weeks.

They are quite good as they are there to clear up very quickly.

Not sure if they follow it up or not. I do though pass my name, address and phone number. They've never contacted me ever.

Thanks for doing that Jarraman. I reckon that once we accept rubbish lying about it becomes the norm. I am one of those batty women who carries a carrier bag and 'picks up as I go along', there's usually a bin just a couple of yards from where the litter is dropped...
I was once told by a council worker that 400 litter bins were installed along the sea front at South Shields! No excuse is there?
(When I complained that there weren't enough bins on the Sunderland seafront and surrounding area I was told that they couldn't afford to pay men to empty them!)
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, nothing but happiness come through your door.
What really boils my blood is people who actually bag their dogs poop but then dump the bag...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vikki Lawlor
Tree Tales Wrote:What really boils my blood is people who actually bag their dogs poop but then dump the bag...

Threre's a thread about that somewhere. Can anyone find it?
:mad:"What really boils my blood is people who actually bag their dogs poop but then dump the bag... "
this really does my head in to, to go to the effort of bagging it up how much more effort is required to take it away? -none!
This is in tonights Gazette
http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/local-news/mum-s-warning-on-bogus-scrap-dealers-1-4470667

Good Info Eddy. Wonder why the Gazette had to say she was a single mother?

What has that got to do with the story? :confused::confused:
Good point Jarraman.
A friend of ours paid someone to empty a flat for them as he lives abroad now. The first thing he knew was contact from the police that it had all been dumped somewhere in 'Shields. As the gazette points out, let's be careful out there!
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, nothing but happiness come through your door.
This was lying on Don Road this morning....

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCF0443.JPG (Size: 411.89 KB / Downloads: 6)