Rubbish and litter.
Had a walk from Mallams Farm to the Tyne yesterday morning and have never seen so much rubbish.

Some of it is due to the floods, most of it is litter that has been discarded and has just multiplied.

There is also a massive rise in dog poop bags that people pick up and then discard.

Will be going out with the camera in the next few days so you ex pats can see what it's like.

A massive clean up is needed and dog waste bins are needed throughout.

What's your thoughts?
Unfortunately jarraman, if the council install dog bins at regular intervals along the walkways that would also require them to employ someone to empty them and as we know, they are all pleading poverty just now.

Having said that, there is no better time to approach your local councilor and put the suggestion to him (or her). They'll all be looking to have their representitive elected on the sixth of May and will promise you anything to get your vote. Wink
Yes, might do that and show them footage of the mess. Wink
There's a bin on it's side on the harrisons bank road that would be put to better at the top of the path up past the football pitches.There's a way mark post up surrounded with dog bags its disgusting.

And another thing! if you have awalk round the football pitches on sat/sun evening after the games have ended. the rubbish left by the teams is disgusting.Seeing as how the council know what teams are playing a community warden should be on site at the end of each game to report on the state of pitches and the teams fined if they are left in a mess.:mad::mad:

Some folk are so lazy they never take their rubbish home..aahh!!

I wonder what would happen if the Football Teams turned up to find the pitch covered in rubbish and dog yuk! then they could not play that day?
I bet they would all be shouting out loud and complaining , yet it sounds like the teams supporter are making the mess..or have I read this thread wrong? cheers Cait
And the teams .

jarraman Wrote:Had a walk from Mallams Farm to the Tyne yesterday morning and have never seen so much rubbish.

Some of it is due to the floods, most of it is litter that has been discarded and has just multiplied.

There is also a massive rise in dog poop bags that people pick up and then discard.

Will be going out with the camera in the next few days so you ex pats can see what it's like.

A massive clean up is needed and dog waste bins are needed throughout.

What's your thoughts?
How did you find the area from Mill Dene Farm along the river to towards the cemetery jarraman? Disgusting isn't it? We are fed up mentioning it the the local councillor and if you read the ON-VIEW magazine, WOW it's all "YOU ASKED - WE DID IT". I think it could look lovely along there if the council really went to town and did a massive clean up.
It's about time the clarts from the floods were cleaned up.I got fed up asking for it to be done last year.The walk on the other side of the reseve is even worse.It's absoluteley chocka with rubbish washed down by the flood water.Of course they have the perfect excuse for not tidying up at the present time because the birds are nesting now.

This is a photo from the other side of the reserve.

This has not been swept downstream and has just been dumped.

Amazing eh?

[ATTACH]543[/ATTACH]

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCF7916.JPG (Size: 910.31 KB / Downloads: 19)