Relatives of Sidney Michael Knowles 1915-2001
Hello all,
as the title says I am looking for relatives of my Grandad Sidney,
He was in the merchant Navy as was his brother Joseph, (who was killed when the Sitakund exploded, news reports say he was married with kids but I don't know who they are )
anyway back to my Grandad, he and his family were from Jarrow, and he remarried a woman called Dorothy, but thats all i know about him, think I only met him a couple of times when I was very small,
so would love to find out more about him
thanks Smile
Theres a member on this site called Knowles. He has a shop on Ellison Street in Jarrow.

Its Johnk. Perhaps you could send a private message. You can also look at his public profile.
there was a Sidney Knowles , married 19Dec 1953, to Dortothy Grosvenor accoording to the South Tynside coouncil's on-line registry records.
pronto105 Wrote:there was a Sidney Knowles , married 19Dec 1953, to Dortothy Grosvenor accoording to the South Tynside coouncil's on-line registry records.
Thats them, I think they had a son called William and a daughter Roseanne
jarraman Wrote:Theres a member on this site called Knowles. He has a shop on Ellison Street in Jarrow.

Its Johnk. Perhaps you could send a private message. You can also look at his public profile.
I shall try find his profile, ta
A big thank you to Fisherman for getting soaked with rain while helping me make contact with our lost family, I am forever in your debt !!Big GrinBig Grin
fallingonabruise Wrote:A big thank you to Fisherman for getting soaked with rain while helping me make contact with our lost family, I am forever in your debt !!Big GrinBig Grin
That's o.k. I was happy to help you out, hope you & your long lost family can get together sometime for a big reunion,I'm sure everyone on this site will be very happy to know that member's of your family have been traced,Best Wishe's to all your family.Smile.
Another Job well done

Confuscious say: Study the past if you would define the future.
fallingonabruise Wrote:Hello all,
as the title says I am looking for relatives of my Grandad Sidney,
He was in the merchant Navy as was his brother Joseph, (who was killed when the Sitakund exploded, news reports say he was married with kids but I don't know who they are )
anyway back to my Grandad, he and his family were from Jarrow, and he remarried a woman called Dorothy, but thats all i know about him, think I only met him a couple of times when I was very small,
so would love to find out more about him
thanks Smile

My maternal Grandmother was a Knowles before she was married to my Granda who was a Mogie . Her name was Selina Knowles from Jarrow but dont know much about her family only she had a sister called Kitty
There was knowles family lived in STanhope Road second end house from LIndisfarne Road,I can't remember all there names but there was a Monica,she had a older brother and sister they were a religious family if that is any help.