Prestwick Carr Ponteland
I was reading about Prestwick Carr Ponteland and I was wondering if any of our wildlife enthusiasts deemed it worth a visit.
If no-one has I will head up there myself next week and report back. I know a little bit about it's history and it's been a very good reserve in years gone by but it has been neglected. It could be a hidden gem.
Hi Adventurer,it is well worth a visit all year round,but in the winter it is the best place in the NE for Owls & raptors.(Had a Great Grey Shrike in the spring of this year.)

Attached Files
.jpg   007 (1024x755).jpg (Size: 223 KB / Downloads: 19)
davy Wrote:Hi Adventurer,it is well worth a visit all year round,but in the winter it is the best place in the NE for Owls & raptors.(Had a Great Grey Shrike in the spring of this year.)

Thanks Davey, I haven't been able to reply earlier because the two youngest grandchildren have been visiting and I haven't seen a computer since I made the request. I will go this week to familiarise myself with the site.
I made my way up to Prestwick Carr today which entailed a Metro to the Regent Centre and a bus from there to Dinnington village, followed by a walk of approx. one and a half miles only to be informed by a local that there was nothing doing just now.
I will go back later in the year and I will find the shortest route so it wasn't a wasted day.