Poll: Is the photograph albums too long/complicated. Would you like to see a change?
This poll is closed.
No-leave it as it is.
38.89%
7 38.89%
Yes-at the moment it takes to long to look at photographs
38.89%
7 38.89%
Not bothered - go with the flow.
16.67%
3 16.67%
I have another idea.
5.56%
1 5.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Photographs fao Admin
This thread is for the attention of Admin but I would like the imput of all members.

Recently there has been more and more Photographs being donated by members on this site. There has been some very old ones and up to the present day.

The photo album page is now getting too long and it takes ages to have a look through.

After a recent discussion on a thread there could be quite an easy answer.

Similar to the School Photos and Jarrow wildlife albums where ALL the photos are bundled into groups. This would halt the long and tedious task of trapsing through photographs.

Admin, could we have a discussion on this as I fear some Photographs are "getting lost" in this system as it is now. Cheers Jarraman. Wink
I have looked into a more suitable album structure in the past with little joy. The default album structure that comes with the site software (vbulletin) is based on users individual albums that only they can post to.

The albums jarrman mentioned require individuals to email their photos to the album owner, which isn't ideal.

There are 'plugins' available for group albums that all members can upload their photos to but the ones I looked at weren't that user friendly.

Don't wanna hijack your post jarraman but can we test to see if there's demand for group albums? Could you amend this post add a poll to see what users think?

If the demand is definitely there then I'll put some leg work into finding a sutiible solution.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Thanks Admin. Poll now at the top of this thread.
Complicated? All you do is click your mouse. I really don't think time should enter into. I view the albums as I would as if I was thumbing through my own pysical albums (I have many) Yes the vbulletin software isn't as easy to accomodate changes as simple HTML web pages can, and can become very laborious and user unfriendly as Paul points out. If this was a CSS or HTML web site the changes could be made quite quickly, easly and without any further cost, but it isn't. I like the set up as it is, however that is only my opinion (don't shoot the messenger) :fencing:
Thanks for the advice Hartmann. Wink
hartmann Wrote:Complicated? All you do is click your mouse. I really don't think time should enter into. I view the albums as I would as if I was thumbing through my own pysical albums (I have many) Yes the vbulletin software isn't as easy to accomodate changes as simple HTML web pages can, and can become very laborious and user unfriendly as Paul points out. If this was a CSS or HTML web site the changes could be made quite quickly, easly and without any further cost, but it isn't. I like the set up as it is, however that is only my opinion (don't shoot the messenger) :fencing:
I'm quite happy with the set up as it is,It might take a bit time to trawl through but I think it keep's thing's simple for any new member's signing into the site and like to look at the photo's.
If it is'nt broke do'nt fix it.:nono:
I'm happy with the current setup Jarraman
As a newbie i've not looked thro- all the Albums yet, so will go with the flow. Great site!! love it:bounce:
The only other solution I can see would be for members to post their old photo;s onto a thread so that they could be discused and commented on and not lost in the albums.Out of sight out of mind so to speak.Joaniis brockley whins photo's for example.Then if members also have photo's they can be added to the thread.They can then be added to the old photo's album.:pray: