Photo Request
Hi, I have recently joined Jarrow Life. I am searching for an old photograph of Hill Street, Jarrow. I would love to find an old photo of the Victorian houses which are still standing. I have searched for a long time. Photos appear of Park Road and Grange Road,also Albert Road to tantalise me but the street in the moiddle evades me. I have recently, on the Historic images of South Tyneside web site found a picture of the last gas lamp in the 1960s which is of Hill street but shows the other side of the street. Great find but not quite what I am looking for and not old enough. I have looked at pictures of the march and I think they came up Hill Street but the pictures show Grange Road West. I am hoping that someone somewhere can help. I will be very greatful. Thank you.
(28 Jun 15, 2:12 PM)sutcliffea Wrote:  Hi, I have recently joined Jarrow Life. I am searching for an old photograph of Hill Street, Jarrow. I would love to find an old photo of the Victorian houses which are still standing.  I have searched for a long time.  Photos appear of Park Road and Grange Road,also Albert Road to tantalise me but the street in the moiddle evades me.  I have recently, on the Historic images of South Tyneside web site found a picture of the last gas lamp in the 1960s which is of Hill street but shows the other side of the street. Great find but not quite what I am looking for and not old enough. I have looked at pictures of the march and I think they came up Hill Street but the pictures show Grange Road West.  I am hoping that someone somewhere can help.  I will be very greatful.  Thank you.

Here's one from the early 50s, hope this helps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(28 Jun 15, 5:50 PM)jarraman Wrote:  
(28 Jun 15, 2:12 PM)sutcliffea Wrote:  Hi, I have recently joined Jarrow Life. I am searching for an old photograph of Hill Street, Jarrow. I would love to find an old photo of the Victorian houses which are still standing.  I have searched for a long time.  Photos appear of Park Road and Grange Road,also Albert Road to tantalise me but the street in the moiddle evades me.  I have recently, on the Historic images of South Tyneside web site found a picture of the last gas lamp in the 1960s which is of Hill street but shows the other side of the street. Great find but not quite what I am looking for and not old enough. I have looked at pictures of the march and I think they came up Hill Street but the pictures show Grange Road West.  I am hoping that someone somewhere can help.  I will be very greatful.  Thank you.

Here's one from the early 50s, hope this helps.
Great photo. I remember going into the building were the vehicle is parked to collect wood for bonnty night.   Many many years ago.

Some of these pics tug at the heart.
St James Park till the day I die.