Parrots in the park
There are still moths and midges about even at this time of year, especially where you have both trees and water.

I've often wondered if bats used that culvert for winter hibernation where the dene goes underground at the side of the tennis courts. It would be cool enough and frost free. An ideal place to watch at dusk.

That's if it's still there. I haven't been in the park for years. As a child the wated disappearing down that gaping hole scared the life out of me.

One thing's for sure. You wont find any parrots down there.Wink
There's a lot of bats down by the robin,also Roman road I see them flying around the gardens when I take the dog out.
Thought you would all like to see a photo of the parrots in thr park

Attached Files
.jpg   Parrots-in-the-park.jpg (Size: 849.21 KB / Downloads: 58)
Nice one Mary well doneSmile

Nar mine is better haha

[ATTACH]278[/ATTACH]

Attached Files
.jpg   web-parrots.jpg (Size: 850.7 KB / Downloads: 37)
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever
Mary Wrote:Thought you would all like to see a photo of the parrots in thr park

Mary I'm blind as a bat. Whereabouts on the photo are they?
I knew I should of went to speck savers
jarraman_1 Wrote:Nice one Mary well doneSmile

Nar mine is better haha

[ATTACH]278[/ATTACH]

Your right there thats brilliant:rockon::rockon:
the parrots have been around for at least two years. they can often be seen near the old tennis courts in the park near butchers bridge (sorry not to well up on the park names)
for some reason i have never seen them through the winter only summer months so perhaps they move back down to Hyde Park Big Grin
i have some pics of them somewhere but they are of poor quality as i used the mobile
there is a sparrow hawk often seen in the area although i have only seen it once
and there is a fox den down the Don but i am not saying where Wink also spent an hour this year watching kingfisher's down there :clap2:
Been trying to get a photo of the Parrots and the Kingfishers for ages.

The Kingfishers down at the Nature reserve are just like a blue flash, very difficult to photograph. Infact its easier to photograph the cloth necked stork in India. :rant:
Stick at it jarraman. Your day will come. Confusedpy: