Notable People
Just a few other Notable People that Admin, may like to check out for this thread.

Alan Plater - Playwright Jarrow 15-4-1935

Frank Wappat - Pastor, Radio Broadcaster Jarrow/Hebburn

Arthur Holmes - Geologist b Hebburn 1890 d London 1965
Just for reference the correct spelling of Frank's surname is Wappat, which should help with any searches. His website is http://www.frankwappat.com, and as he attended Jarrow Grammar School I guess he still qualifies for inclusion.
Ok sorry Andrew.
Andrew Wappat Wrote:Just for reference the correct spelling of Frank's surname is Wappat, which should help with any searches. His website is www.frankwappat.com, and as he attended Jarrow Grammar School I guess he still qualifies for inclusion.

So sorry for the typo mistake Andrew,It was my fault...hope I am forgiven ?

Its been many moons ago since I last saw your Dad, he had invited me up to the studio and we spent time on air talking and viewing old family photos..that was truly a first for 'Radio'. Wishing you and all the Wappat Family, good health, and a trillion blessings for 2011 and the years to follow...cyber (((hugs))) to say sorry again for the mistake..cheers CaitSmile

(Cait now owner and wearing new glasses..)
Are they rose coloured Cait?
Letmein5 Wrote:Are they rose coloured Cait?

Big Grin:wave:LOL...must be a sign of age for me..lolBig Grin I have now one pair of glasses for out and about ..lol..another set for reading...Big Grin and a special set for when I switch my computer on..aahh!! to be sure..Big Grin at least when I am on a date I can see clearly now who I am dancing with ..cheers Cait:wave:
lucky owld you cait, couldn"t see my next date with the "Hubble Telescope" be happy, v/s
vital spark Wrote:lucky owld you cait, couldn"t see my next date with the "Hubble Telescope" be happy, v/s
Winkaaahh!! vital spark...less of the owld Cait..lol...Big Grin this wee lass maybe retired now, but still looking good...SmileWinkcheers Cait
You should have got yourself a pair bifocals, which I wear,and my computer classes were made so i can sit 24" from the screen,Wink