Notable People
For the past week or so I've been giving some thought to Geordie Doran. I'm sure I know him. We are both roughly the same age and both enlisted in 1946. In the late 1940s, when on leave I would have the occasional pint in the Theatre Bar, close to Hope St. I remember meeting another young squaddy in there once or twice and we naturally got chatting, I'm sure he called himself Frank. There was something about this guy that impressed me but I can't put my finger on it. We served in the same places throughout the world but I never came across him again.I would love to talk to him again, if anyone gets a contact please let me know.
An amazing man. I'm another who didn't know who he was until I went online. An unsung hero, to be sure.

I found out about another Jarrow gentleman called Bill Linskey, while online. He also, wrote a book about his involvement in and after the war and I wonder if anyone knows anything about him.
Hi i will check after the remembrance parade get together what we can put out.
Funny story i was at a wedding and the best man thanked all the people there as you do ,bridesmaids look lovely,the bride was looking fantastic ,funny story re the groom.
He then made a comment that the brides mother had wasted a lot of money??? on wedding photes WHY as most of the faces will have to be blacked out he said Mel T
Mel T Wrote:Hi i will check after the remembrance parade get together what we can put out.
Funny story i was at a wedding and the best man thanked all the people there as you do ,bridesmaids look lovely,the bride was looking fantastic ,funny story re the groom.
He then made a comment that the brides mother had wasted a lot of money??? on wedding photes WHY as most of the faces will have to be blacked out he said Mel T

Nice one Mel T Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Hi just to confirm i think that must be the same guy ,he is called Francis and go's by the name Franky,he lived in Hope st .
I will try and check if we can contact him after the 13 Nov parade Mel T
Mel T Wrote:Hi just to confirm i think that must be the same guy ,he is called Francis and go's by the name Franky,he lived in Hope st .
I will try and check if we can contact him after the 13 Nov parade Mel T

Mel it would be nice to contact Frankie for Freddy's benefit and they may be able to have a chat about old times.
The Adventurer Wrote:Mel it would be nice to contact Frankie for Freddy's benefit and they may be able to have a chat about old times.
Hi not that easy to do with these guys but will try at the Rem day bash Mel T