New member says Hi (researching McNulty)
I came across this site while I was researching the McNulty family for my cousins.

What a fantastic place to learn about the North East and the influx of the Irish during the 1800s

Hoping for some help but for now - keep up the good work  Smile
(22 Dec 16, 9:40 AM)Storminnorman Wrote:  I came across this site while I was researching the McNulty family for my cousins.

What a fantastic place to learn about the North East and the influx of the Irish during the 1800s

Hoping for some help but for now - keep up the good 
hi. What McNulty's are you looking for ,as I have been doing their Family History for years, as they are my relatives.
(15 Jan 17, 10:40 PM)Sapper Wrote:  
(22 Dec 16, 9:40 AM)Storminnorman Wrote:  I came across this site while I was researching the McNulty family for my cousins.

Hoping for some help but for now - keep up the good 
hi. What McNulty's are you looking for ,as I have been doing their Family History for years, as they are my relatives.

Hi, nice to be in contact with you.
This is the outline of the family so far:
James McNulty (Nulty) married Margaret McNulty (Nulty) both born in Ireland at St. Joseph's RC church Gateshead in 1862. They had a son Joseph McNulty (Nulty) in 1864 at Sunderland and a daughter Mary Ann McNulty (McNalty) in 1866 at Jarrow. James died 1869 at Union Street, Jarrow. Joseph married Mary Ann Potter (from Norwich) in 1901 at Blyth and they had 5 children, two of which died in infancy. The living were Mary Lily 1902, Margaret 1904 and Frederick (my uncle)1915. Joseph was in Durham gaol in 1911 - why? They lived variously in Walter Street, Union Street, Nixon Street etc. which I believe were some of the"Fifteen Streets". Mary Ann and her 3 children moved to Yorkshire some time after Frederick was born in 1915 but before 1922 when she is in the Yorkshire Electoral Rolls.
I cannot find whether Joseph moved to Yorkshire with his wife and children?
I cannot find a death or burial for Joseph in the North East or Yorkshire.
Why was he in gaol in 1911? - he had been a bad boy/young man previously (newspaper reports).
Mary Ann, his sister married Francis Bradley I believe?
Any help would be much appreciated but if not your McNultys dont worry.
Thanks again
Norman