Names.
Thank you Pat and Mary whoever you are. I don,t know how to resolve this but i,m sure you do haha.Wink
thats all right Grandad, I am a jarrow lass who "emigrated" to Hebburn fifty four years ago when I married a hebburn lad, so you never know you might have passed me in the street some time.Smile
Not many are comfortable to use their real name on a public forum and I can't remember it ever being any different. People are free to add their real name to their profile if they wish.

I do think attitudes will change now that Facebook is so widespread and people become more comfortable with using their real name online.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
granda Wrote:Thank you Pat and Mary whoever you are. I don,t know how to resolve this but i,m sure you do haha.Wink

That is how you get to know people, and how you meet up with old school chums. if Pat and I had used false names we would probably never got to know that we knew each other from way back. and it is realy nice to be able to revive old memmories.
Mary Wrote:That is how you get to know people, and how you meet up with old school chums. if Pat and I had used false names we would probably never got to know that we knew each other from way back. and it is realy nice to be able to revive old memmories.

Ged Donathy here for the record. I'm a grandda as well!
Hi all been away but back till Jan Mel Turnbull
I agree Mary.

It would also be nice to know if I knew any of the other older folk on the site.

Using names was tried at one time but very few people tried it.
ged Wrote:Ged Donathy here for the record. I'm a grandda as well!

Not THE Gerard Donathy from Caroline Street Jarrow?.
any relation to the miss donathy that taught at st bedes boys per chance.
granda Wrote:Not THE Gerard Donathy from Caroline Street Jarrow?.

That's me! Who are you? I.m on Facebook also.