Moving house.
I know it's not Jarrow but Iwonder how many people were moved like this in the town.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feqFL7sh4OQ

Cant get the link to work Eddie
Try clicking watch on utube,it works on mine.do i need foto express disc for the scaner.

When we moved to Kirkstone ave. all our furniture and stuff went on the back of a flatbed truck paraded through the streets for all and sundry to see. The embarrasement was tempered by the fact that it was done on the cheap. The driver being a drinking pal of me dad. A few curtains twitched that day but at least it didn't rain. :o
[quote=tedg]Try clicking watch on utube,it works on mine.QUOTE]

The author of the video on YouTube can request that embedding of the video on other sites be disabled. As Eddie say, you simply need to click to on the link to watch the vid on YouTube. This is a feature on YouTube and nothing you (or I) can do about it.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Birdman Wrote:When we moved to Kirkstone ave. all our furniture and stuff went on the back of a flatbed truck paraded through the streets for all and sundry to see. The embarrasement was tempered by the fact that it was done on the cheap. The driver being a drinking pal of me dad. A few curtains twitched that day but at least it didn't rain. :o

My family moved from Newmarch Street to Melrose Grove on a flatbed lorry. The lorry belonged to a coalman on Grange Road. This would have been around 1963. As the lorry approached that dip in the road near to the Robin Hood Pub, a matress flew off the back of the lorry and when it hit the road it was like a bomb had exploded. a huge cloud of dust rose up. On reflection it was not dust from the road either.

It still makes me shudder when I think of it.
St James Park till the day I die.