Mayfield
ment to ask scottish lass did you go to the huts in finchale tce (cardboard city) as we all called it.
scottish lass Wrote:Hi joanii sorry i cant remember any one who was on the netball team the only one i can rember who was in my class apart from my cousin pauline laidler there was a bernadette hepelwhite will have to get my thinking cap on or ask my sister sally she was in the class below me i liked miss jennings and mrs booth and i loved the may dancing still like dancing i go line dancing twice a week sorry to hear about miss booth.
Yes thats the Bernie I know. Italic writing was excellent and I still write out my Christmas and birthday cards in Italics. I can still remember the tunes and the ribbons that were used for the May day dances. One day it was so hot the record developed a curve and it was so funny listening to it. The teacher put it on a flat baking tray into a warm oven for a while and after that, it was ok. Crazy.
Hi bundy thanks for your message i did go to the white huts as we called them tried to think of a few more names rose powell was one and kathleen mcgarry i heard not so long ago about your reunions wish i had been able to go lost touch with every one when we moved to luton.
scottish lass Wrote:Hi bundy thanks for your message i did go to the white huts as we called them tried to think of a few more names rose powell was one and kathleen mcgarry i heard not so long ago about your reunions wish i had been able to go lost touch with every one when we moved to luton.
Just to let you know I was talking to Kathleen Mcgarry's mam this morning,The last time I seen Kathleen was last year.
scottish lass Wrote:Hi bundy thanks for your message i did go to the white huts as we called them tried to think of a few more names rose powell was one and kathleen mcgarry i heard not so long ago about your reunions wish i had been able to go lost touch with every one when we moved to luton.
hi scottish lass
sorry to say rose powell passed away also anthea amos very sad two lovely school friends......bundy
Hi bundy i did hear about rose not anthea i lived in lynton ave i was friends with both of them and its hard to believe they both have died.
scottish lass Wrote:Hi bundy i did hear about rose not anthea i lived in lynton ave i was friends with both of them and its hard to believe they both have died.
I lived in Lynton Avenue and knew about Anthea as her kids went to school with mine, but I didn't know about Rose Powell, poor lass. Mrs Powell is still alive I saw her on Wednesday.
fisherman Wrote:Just to let you know I was talking to Kathleen Mcgarry's mam this morning,The last time I seen Kathleen was last year.
Kathleen married the lad that lived on the corner, one of our gang, Brian Siddle, but they parted years ago. He worked for the Forestry Commission in Northumberland.
There is quite a few Mayfield 'old girls' on this site now.
yes joanii still looking for reunion photos dont know where they are