Lost Photos :(
I'm enjoying catching up on all of the posts on this site. Thanks everyone. Smile I've noticed that unfortunately, some photos, particularly those posted using Photobucket have expired. Are they posted elsewhere on the site or have they been lost? It's such a pity if they have been, and I wondered if they could maybe be copied and posted into an album in future. Don't want to interfere but it's so disappointing when the photo or map doesn't accompany the story.
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, nothing but happiness come through your door.
Tilly, a very few times people upload their photos via an outside link like photobook etc. Most people though don't use the link and upload photographs to Jarrowlife for everyone to enjoy.

If a person deletes their account on a different site which hosts, then there is not a lot we can do. We lose the photos on threads which also spoils the thread.

This very rarely happens so keep up the good postings. Smile
Thanks Jarraman, it's a shame though isn't it? I'll make sure that mine are put into albums then!Smile
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, nothing but happiness come through your door.
It does not to be in albums. Just upload it to album or thread. No botha. Wink
I thought it was a result of a change the site made. I read that somewhere I'm sure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vikki Lawlor
http://www.jarrowlife.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-64221.html

Knew I'd read it somewhere... I just guessed that's why some of the photos were missing Tilly
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vikki Lawlor
If I'm wrong I'm quite willing to be corrected. But, The probs that Tilly is on about and the only probs we've had on here is with people deleting their links.

Like I said 99% of people upload photos to site. Anyway no bother.Smile
Admin
17 Jul 11, 4:35 PM

Following the move to a new photo album structure (vbGallery), I've had a lot of mixed feedback. After chatting with jarraman, the general consensus appears to be that vbGallery is a little over complicated for most users. Many prefer, the old, simpler structure of each user having their own albums that only they can upload to but others can comment.

I’ve reverted the albums back to the original format but unfortunately that will mean all photos and comments added since the end of May will be unavailable. I’m looking into seeing if I can move all of these photos on mass into one album under my profile so at least they’ll be viewable.

We’ll run with the old structure for a week or so and see how you all get on compared with the more complicated vbGallery.

I’ll still keep searching for a more suitable plugin that will allow us to have public albums (which was the reason for looking at vbGallery).

As always, appreciate your feedback.

jarraman
18 Jul 11, 8:14 AM

Thanks Admin. I think there has been a decline in the number of photographs uploaded since you upgraded.

Hopefully this change may allow members to start uploading again.

jarraman_1
18 Jul 11, 10:04 AM

I was just getting used to the new gallery and now were back to the old one, ah well it should keep every one happy now!Smile

Jade
18 Jul 11, 10:22 AM

The Gallery is really good. For me, it would have been perfect if the main list had been in alphabetical order. Other than that, I like it.

Mary
18 Jul 11, 7:12 PM

I AM OVER THE MOON THAT YOU HAVE PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS. THANK YOU,NOW I CAN BROWS THE PICTURE AND NOT GET LOST, AND READ THE COMMENTS,:lalala::lalala:SmileSmileSmile

vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

that's what I went off Jarraman, just guessed that explained the missing photos
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vikki Lawlor
Thanks for your comments everyone. I hope that you don't mind me adding my thoughts as a newbie coming to the site. I'm just trying to be helpful Smile
The 'lost photos' Tilly is refering to are as jarraman said, links to external sites. If the photo is removed fro mthe external site then the image is also lost on this site.

If anyone spots a thread with some expired photo links you could report or PM me the post and I'll remove if neccessary. Like jarraman said, having these mising links in posts is a shame.

The move to vbGallery and back (we decided to stick with what we know :danceSmile meant that any picuteres added whislt we wer're using vbGalery (about a month) were lost as there was no easy of importing these pics back into the old gallery structure.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.