Largs Bay -the last ship to be built by Swan Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dPpbij1PqM&feature=related
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
And here is the place its self. It's about a 45 minute drive from where I live and all the ships ever built on the Clyde would have had to pass by here on their way to the open sea.

I know it's not a video, and as such is probably in the wrong place, but it does have a connection to the previous post. Wink

Attached Files
.jpg   Largs Carpark.jpg (Size: 51.29 KB / Downloads: 27)
I worked on that ship. What a disgrace Swan Hunters being shut and levelled, due to the incompetence of the management and the blatant disregard from the government. I hope maggie Thatcher is happy now.:confused:
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever
jarraman_1 Wrote:I worked on that ship. What a disgrace Swan Hunters being shut and levelled, due to the incompetence of the management and the blatant disregard from the government. I hope maggie Thatcher is happy now.:confused:
I hope Maggie Thatcher lives in agony for many years to come after what she put this country its workers and my family through. I hope God dosent forgive her, because I never will!
Sorry guys but this thread is about the last boat to be built at Swan Hunters.

Whatever your political preferalls please keep it off the board.

The reason being things get heated and some nasty posts follow. We don't want that on this friendly board.

No offence meant Wink