Jim Purcell
[ATTACH]241[/ATTACH]

Another well known face around Jarrow is pensioner Jim Purcell, better known as owld jarra jim.

He has won 160 medals and raised more than £10,000 for charity. Despite two knee replacements, arthritis and osteoporosis, the great-grandad-of-10, is determined to keep running.

Think he is aged 87.

Attached Files
.jpg   owldjarrajim.jpg (Size: 16 KB / Downloads: 23)
What an achievment:cheer2: good luck to him, Long may He continue to enjoy his run's for the good causes.
got picture of Jim when he was in Jarrow TA with his brother Phil

Attached Files
.jpg   old jarrow ta 2.jpg (Size: 135.72 KB / Downloads: 67)
Did Phil have a son Brian and 3 daughters?
I , personaly, only know that Phil had one son ,David
Ok Cheers. Must have been another brother.
Tonights Gazette has another article about this incredible man.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/Jarra-Jim-goes-extra-mile.6149741.jp
jarraman Wrote:Did Phil have a son Brian and 3 daughters?
I think he's got a daughter called Bernadette.

Seen Jarra Jim this morning while he was out for his jog,I spoke to him for a couple of minute's.I can't remember If he said he was 91 now or coming up to 91,Anyway he say's he's getting his training In for G.N.R. plus he's doing some run for Sport's Relief,He also told me he may be selected to carry olympic torch through South-Tyneside,I think It will be well deserved for all the money Jim has raised for charity's....Well Done Jim..

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCF0093.JPG (Size: 385.18 KB / Downloads: 22)
fisherman Wrote:Seen Jarra Jim this morning while he was out for his jog,I spoke to him for a couple of minute's.I can't remember If he said he was 91 now or coming up to 91,Anyway he say's he's getting his training In for G.N.R. plus he's doing some run for Sport's Relief,He also told me he may be selected to carry olympic torch through South-Tyneside,I think It will be well deserved for all the money Jim has raised for charity's....Well Done Jim..
There would be no finer ambassador for old people everywhere than Jarra Jim. As fisherman says it will be well deserved, he ran his first race the 3rd GNR in 83 at the age of 62 approx and is still going strong.
Hat's off to Jim, he's a true celebrity.