JarrowPhotos.co.uk
I've been thinking for a while now about starting a sister site for Jarrow photos. The user albums on this site are becoming more and more popular but this is a forum and not particuarly well suited for sharing photos.

I've been searching for several weeks to fins some suitable software and, at last, I believe I've found some software to fit the bill, ClipBucket.com.

So, I've knocked up a new site. http://jarrowphotos.co.uk, and I would very much appreciate you signing up and uploading some of your photos to help kick start things.

Jarrowman has had a look around and he's given it the thumbs up.

I'm still getting to grips with the software so please bear with me whilst I get used to all it can do. In the meantime, I'd appreciate your feedback.

The software has many features for running a photo sharing site, including:

• Upload multiple photos into a 'collection'. You can create your own collection and allow other to upload their own photos if you want.
  • Rate & comment on photos
  • Search & view photos by date, comments and rating.
  • You can also upload videos and embed YouTube vids.
    • I've uploaded a few pics from JarrowLife.co.uk (if they're from your album and you'd like then removed then just let me know). I'm still in the process of naming then correctly so bear with me :o.

Have play around and leave your comments on this thread pleas.

UPDATE:
      Forgot to say, all video uploads need to be approved before they are visible, this stops the site being flooded with spam.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Hi Admin all the best mate.

I have signed up and it just keep saying already registered. Is this a bug or am I being stupid? Smile
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever
I'm having problems uploading photographs. When I try to add a photo it asks which collection to. It is white out when I try to select a collection. :confused:
jarraman_1 Wrote:Hi Admin all the best mate.

I have signed up and it just keep saying already registered. Is this a bug or am I being stupid? Smile

I can see your account, did you get an email with an activation code?
jarraman Wrote:I'm having problems uploading photographs. When I try to add a photo it asks which collection to. It is white out when I try to select a collection. :confused:

You can create a new collection when you upload photos. Not sure what you mean by " It is white out when I t try to select a collection"?
I'll PM you Admin.
yes I clicked on the link and entered the password code and user name. I will give it another try in case it's me being a cloth head Smile

Scratch that done it. I was putting the acttivation code into my password field. D'OH
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever
I got on no problem.In fact when I put in the activation code in It came back that I was already a member.Big Grin

It's looking like this software is a little buggy but according to the developers, version 3 is out in the next few weeks and is a major upgrade. So watch this space and I'll update once the new version is released and installed.
had a peek in at the photo site but it looks a bit complicated for me , will I still be able to up load photos on to the jarrow site like I have always done? I think I might be getting to long in the tooth for all these changes. I am giving up trying to keep up with all you young ones, Big Grin Wink :confused: