Jarrow st bedes
I went to jarrow st bedes school in the late 50s, I can remember a teacher called o'brine, I went to school with frankie Amos, Michael Maloney when I came back to jarrow for a visit I met up with frankie it was great he took me back to jarrow st bedes for a visit and we spoke to some children in a classroom about the old days.
(01 Jan 16, 6:16 PM)John walker Wrote:  I went to jarrow st bedes school in the late 50s, I can remember a teacher called o'brine, I went to school with frankie Amos, Michael Maloney when I came back to jarrow for a visit I met up with frankie it was great he took me back to jarrow st bedes for a visit and we spoke to some children in a classroom about the old days.

I also went to St  Bede's in the 50's my name is Neil Dougherty, my favourite teacher was Mr (Donkey) O'Brian he was the art teacher.
Hi niel, nice to hear from you I was there the later part of the 50s I can remembered they called him (donkey)I had happy times there, I lived at lumbley terrace about 20 min walk, sorry I haven't replied before just had a double heart bypass.
(19 Jan 16, 3:05 PM)John walker Wrote:  Hi niel, nice to hear from you I was there the later part of the 50s I can remembered they called him (donkey)I had happy times there, I lived at lumbley terrace about 20 min walk, sorry I haven't replied before just had a double heart bypass.
Hi John, hope you are feeling better after your bypass operation, do you remember Tommy Bushell, Cunningham,McKenna,Nicholson, and Paddy Corr the headmaster?  bye for now Neil.
(20 Jan 16, 11:28 AM)doc Wrote:  
(19 Jan 16, 3:05 PM)John walker Wrote:  Hi niel, nice to hear from you I was there the later part of the 50s I can remembered they called him (donkey)I had happy times there, I lived at lumbley terrace about 20 min walk, sorry I haven't replied before just had a double heart bypass.
Hi John, hope you are feeling better after your bypass operation, do you remember Tommy Bushell, Cunningham,McKenna,Nicholson, and Paddy Corr the headmaster?  bye for now Neil.

Hi Neil, yes I can remember most of them can't really remember Nicholson, can you remember Frank Amos, Tommy Ireland, Franky Malloy, Yes feeling a little better just taking things slow. Thanks Neil.
(24 Jan 16, 7:00 PM)John walker Wrote:  

Hi Neil, yes I can remember most of them can't really remember Nicholson, can you remember Frank Amos, Tommy Ireland, Franky Malloy, Yes feeling a little better just taking things slow. Thanks Neil.

Good morning John, yeh I remember them, Idea I've also remembered Harry and Henry Mogie, Mick Griffin, Eddie Barnes , Henry and Ray Scullion and Jimmy Calderwood .  Smile Neil .
(25 Jan 16, 12:10 PM)doc Wrote:  

Good morning John, yeh I remember them, Idea I've also remembered Harry and Henry Mogie, Mick Griffin, Eddie Barnes , Henry and Ray Scullion and Jimmy Calderwood .  Smile Neil .

Good evening Neil, yes I can remember Henry and Ray scullion more so Henry I use to now and again go around and play football with Henry down dyeballs, vaguely remember Mick Griffin and Jimmy Calderwood. I mainly played football at st bedes love my sport, Neil did you live near the circle by primrose,
(26 Jan 16, 9:52 PM)John walker Wrote:  
(25 Jan 16, 12:10 PM)doc Wrote:  

Good evening Neil, yes I can remember Henry and Ray scullion more so Henry I use to now and again go around and play football with Henry down dyeballs, vaguely remember Mick Griffin and Jimmy Calderwood. I mainly played football at st bedes love my sport, Neil did you live near the circle by primrose,

Hi John, I lived in Barnard Grove but I used to play football on the circle when we played street teams from that area great fun it was too, happy days. wish i could return to them days.  Smile
Hi Neil, sorry for just replying not been well, yes that was the good days we did have a lot of fun, all a bit different nower days. Well thank you for answering my messages it's been good talking to you.