Jarrow Town Mayors
Anyone on site got photos of any of the old town Mayors, when you think of all the events held over the years, must be a few pics about. cheers Cait
Here's one (from the Jarrow Guardian 1-11-1910)

Patrick

Attached Files
.jpg   1910_11_01_jarrow_guardian_MC_james.jpg (Size: 877.9 KB / Downloads: 55)
Paddy Scullion in 1946

[Image: mace.jpg]

SmileMany thanks for the two brilliant posts about Jarrow Mayors, cheers Cait.Smile
what about harry duggon he worked at frys diecastings as atool fitter ended up as shop steward he was so good at it the management promoted him to welfare officer.he knew every rule in the book which meant every time we had a grievance, no way could we get past him to get to the management he was a hard man when he was on the tools , he made the bullets for us to fire, talk about a changed man never mind cheers :clap2:
Anyone got any pictures of Joe Symonds, he is my Great Uncle, - brother to my Gran and was mayor I (think) in 1945 (ish)?

I seem to remember meeting him as a Kid he lived in the Houses at the top of Mallams Bank? heading up to Kirkstone Avenue, the ones on the right hand side looking down on the Farm.

he was one of 21 Kids the eldest emigrated to the USA in 1912 and so the youngest ones never met the oldest as he had left before they were born

Both he and my Grandad James Mills who I never met as he died in the 1950's were on the Jarrow March.
hi iwas interested in you mentioning my dads name on mayors of jarra ,ithink your great grandad jjimmy mills married my dads sister sarah ,i am joes youngeast son ,he was on the jarra march after serving on the council since 1929 he became a m p for white haven cumberland in 1959 till 1971 untill he retired ,hoping this gives you some info into the family my granny had 21 children as you say 5 sets of twins ,not all of them lived some of them died at birth or shortly after ,where abouts in canada are you my uncle my dads eldest bro. emigrated to america in1912 to birmingham alabama,hope i am not boring you ,mustgo see you later :wave:Big GrinBig Grin:wave::wave:
vinnievinyl Wrote:hi iwas interested in you mentioning my dads name on mayors of jarra ,ithink your great grandad jjimmy mills married my dads sister sarah ,i am joes youngeast son ,he was on the jarra march after serving on the council since 1929 he became a m p for white haven cumberland in 1959 till 1971 untill he retired ,hoping this gives you some info into the family my granny had 21 children as you say 5 sets of twins ,not all of them lived some of them died at birth or shortly after ,where abouts in canada are you my uncle my dads eldest bro. emigrated to america in1912 to birmingham alabama,hope i am not boring you ,mustgo see you later :wave:Big GrinBig Grin:wave::wave:

Vinnievinyl You must be Joan and Mary's brother are you?
Mary Wrote:Vinnievinyl You must be Joan and Mary's brother are you?
thats correct mary how do you know joan n mary
vinnievinyl Wrote:thats correct mary how do you know joan n mary

Went to school with them