Jarrow Otter
http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/tyne/hi/people_and_places/nature/newsid_8363000/8363138.stm
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
jarraman Wrote:Brilliant...seen the Otter and you on the North East news tonight. Jarrow top of the news Big Grin
hi,jarraman, glad you seen it[ i didn,t]had 2 phonecall,s off bbc, 1st one saying to be shown mon.then another call at 6=20 saying it was to be televised tues.or wednesday i,ve now had to watch it on bbc i player but i did want to record it off t.v :mad:
http://www.jarrowlife.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32659

Fisherman, your otter's been moonlighting. It would appear that it's been at work up around Blackies dene. There's a guy in Hawthorn drive lost a £2000 koi carp and others besides.
yes birdman seen that,the thing that get,s me is why did he not put net over when he realised fish were going missing.he say,s net wouldn,t stop them but i think if i had koi carp the way he desribe,s them i would have had a heavy mesh over pond,especially if i found strange footprint,s around pond
Some 2" weldmesh with a 3x2 slab at each corner would have done the trick................wouldn't have done much to enhance the appearance of his garden but it would have taken the otter of all otters to have moved it. Rolleyes

Talking of footprints, I found some strange footprints leading down to my greenhouse last year. :eek:

Turns out to be the old bill looking for hash plants. Reported by a neighbour for having yellow lights on at night.Confusedorry:
Birdman Wrote:Some 2" weldmesh with a 3x2 slab at each corner would have done the trick................wouldn't have done much to enhance the appearance of his garden but it would have taken the otter of all otters to have moved it. Rolleyes

Talking of footprints, I found some strange footprints leading down to my greenhouse last year. :eek:

Turns out to be the old bill looking for hash plants. Reported by a neighbour for having yellow lights on at night.Confusedorry:
better than red light [ha ha]yhe other bloke i know that had fish taken just used 2 18x18 paving slab,s on the frame over his pond he,s had no more trouble
My son was woken up about about 3oclock this morning by what he thought was a dog with a high pitched bark in our back garden ,when he looked out the window he saw a pair of foxes playing in the snow in next doors garden.They then went through a garden behind me and onto Ford crescent.

I heard them Eddie. Wasnt sure what they were. Now I know, cheers.
Jarraman, something to keep you occupied while there is still snow on the ground. Check out the banks of the Don for otter tracks. I'd do it meself but it's too far to come. Big Grin

Attached Files
.jpg   Otter tracks.jpg (Size: 178.49 KB / Downloads: 25)
jarraman Wrote:Seen a large fish today in the Don at St Pauls. Would never have admitted it but our regular poster Fisherman witnessed it and informed me it was a Sea Trout.

Truly amazing stuff in our town these days lol Otters, Sea Trout, Foxes Water Rails etc.

the don has roach and chub init also,,, a few years ago some body polluted it up from the cop shop,,,,there was a load of dead roach and chub founds,,,,,i have often though that the reaches around st pauls look like they would hold roach ,,should try droppin a line in one day,,its good to see all this happening to this once polluted stretch of waterWink