Jarrow Otter
my mate has just bought one ,its got its own server and everything,,,mind you the distruction manuel is like a telephone book:eek:
let,s hope he get,s some good result,s on his camera,then it,s money well spent,because interesting to see what wildlife we,ve got round here,i think if i had one of them camera,s i,d be putting it in a lot of remote place,s
did anyone see tonite,s gazette regarding building underpasse,s etc. etc .so there must be a few otter,s round here just been looking on another site they can give birth to 6 so we,ll have to keep fish well protected,i think i mentioned on site i lost 10 fish in one night,i know i told jarraman this
Yes Fisherman, saw the article. The photograph in the gazette tonight is the one taken from your garden.

It goes on to explain that Otters have been frequenting the Don since 2003 when droppings were found in Hedworth Dene. :eek:

It goes on to say that there is going to be a talk on the Otters in Jarrow Community centre in February.
hi jarraman,thinking back a couple of week,s i took granddaughter to cem.for conker,s we walked along don and i remember seeing some kind of run through the grass and wondering if otter kicking about there,i,ll have to put thinking cap on now and think of exact spot.
fisherman Wrote:did anyone see tonite,s gazette regarding building underpasse,s etc. etc .so there must be a few otter,s round here just been looking on another site they can give birth to 6 so we,ll have to keep fish well protected,i think i mentioned on site i lost 10 fish in one night,i know i told jarraman this

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/Grant-will-boost-growing-otter.5814353.jp

Quote: A £28,500 grant will help make South Tyneside a real home from home – or, rather, holt from holt – for its growing otter population.

The money will be spent on creating habitats and even bridges for the fish-eating mammals, now thriving after fighting their way back from the brink of extinction.

Otters are being spotted in the borough increasingly often, included one seen trying to steal fish from a garden pond in Jarrow last month.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
[ATTACH]293[/ATTACH]

This is a snap shot of the Jarro Otter. Approx 4ft long.

[ATTACH]295[/ATTACH]

Attached Files
.jpg   Otter _1__0001.jpg (Size: 48 KB / Downloads: 20)
.jpg   otter garden.JPG (Size: 904.65 KB / Downloads: 21)
[ATTACH]294[/ATTACH]

This is exactly the view taken of the Otter in Daylight.

Thanks to Fisherman for the views.

Attached Files
.jpg   otter garden.JPG (Size: 904.65 KB / Downloads: 15)
more than welcome jarraman we do go back a long time,hope otter not looking on this site it,ll see i,ve got some fish left,ha ha
Hi fisherman, welcome to the site. Jarraman told me you two go way back.

So is this otter a regular visitor to your garden then? Presumably he's after the fish?, has he had any?
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.