Jarrow Mayors
Great information - thanks so much. As I'm not local, it is difficult to even be sure of relevant councils & newspapers etc, so these are really helpful pointers.
I think there was only one son, and 4 Gordon daughters, of which my granny was one, so Karen is presumably his daughter. It would be fabulous to get in contact with her if possible
Thanks again
fisherman Wrote:Hi Gavin,I asked your Nana a while ago to borrow some photo's of your Granda & she said she was going to sort some out to lend me, to put on this site.
I had phone call from Mrs.Duggan tonight regarding photo's,I've been to her house and collected them.
fisherman Wrote:I had phone call from Mrs.Duggan tonight regarding photo's,I've been to her house and collected them.

Well done fisherman a special thank you to Mrs Duggan for loaning the photos...cheers Cait
Hello Cait, I'm still stuggling to work this site-so forgive any messes-I'm interested in the George Alexander Rose the Mayor in 1944. He is somesort of relation -great uncle or somesuch. Apparently my Grandfather Robert Dobbie Ross used to refer to him as 'Silver Willie' not sure if that is a derogatory or friendly remark! In Ellen Wilkinson's book 'the Murder of a town' she is full of praise for him. Has anyone on your site got any info or photo of him please?
Marjorie
Cait Wrote:Well done fisherman a special thank you to Mrs Duggan for loaning the photos...cheers Cait
Thank's to Jarraman for scanning them and putting them on site,Also a Big Thank You to Mrs Duggan and her Grandson Gavin for the loan of the photo's,much appreciated.
Just to say some more photo's to come on site of Harry Duggan,I got an album off Mrs.Duggan a couple of week's ago,but I've had to take photo's of the picture's that were in album as they were to awkward to scan, and they're actually stuck on to the page's of album so I'm busy cropping the photo's to put on site.hopefully the next couple of day's.
That will be very interesting. He was a very nice man. Teeny
normina Wrote:My uncle was George Goldsbrough, Mayor of Jarrow in 1970, are there any family members out there. We lived down in Hertfordshire and lost contact with most of the Goldsbrough side of the family apart from Isobel.

My Dad was Norman, brother of George, and my Mum was Elsie. It would be lovely to hear from anyone who knows my family.

Norma

Hi Norma,

How are you??? Well you have just found one of your cousins!! My dad was George Goldsbrough, there was Bob Eric Isobel and of course Norman, your dad. George married Olive and has five kids, Shirley Howard Douglas me and Noella. I am on facebook if you registered or you could email me direct "nettles0565@yahoo.co.uk" So looking forward to hearing from you so we can fill in on our family history. Take care and speak soon Annette xxx
I am looking to get in contact with the family of Dennis McCluskey, in particular his son Brian McCluskey. If there are any family members here or anyone who knows how I could get in contact with him I would be so grateful for your help!
Hi Can anyone help me. I am great granddaughter of Matthew Coulson James mayor of Jarrow 1908 to 1911. I am trying to find out all i can about him his family and what he did for Jarrow.