Jarrow Festival
Chic Wrote:We had a brochure put through the door weeks ago about the Jarrow Festival - very informative.

Yes I seen that booklet, there was a lot going on around the town, and at night in the comunity centre's I believe they had some dancing going on. and of couse as fisherman has already said the medievil fair in charlies park,they also had play groups in west park, and the exhibitionof old photo's in Jarrow library.
Smileaaah!! never mind, lets just hope some locals have info and a few photos they can share on site. I gather that Hedworthfield held a Family Fun Day on the 22nd May and Low Simonside had a Fun day on the 29th May...Music in the Park (West Park Jrrw) was on Sunday 30th May and the Annual Flower Festival was at the Salvation Army Citadel on the 5th and 6th June..if on any of those dates anyone took pics fingers crossed they share one or two..cheers Cait
I took these photo's today at Medievial Fair In Charlie's Park,Old photo's of Jarrow In Jarrow library,(Worth a visit).

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_1343.JPG (Size: 363.79 KB / Downloads: 26)
.jpg   IMG_1342.JPG (Size: 588.33 KB / Downloads: 21)
.jpg   IMG_1338.JPG (Size: 614.32 KB / Downloads: 23)
.jpg   IMG_1333.JPG (Size: 294.12 KB / Downloads: 22)
.jpg   IMG_1332.JPG (Size: 589.26 KB / Downloads: 24)
.jpg   IMG_1331.JPG (Size: 435.46 KB / Downloads: 20)
Big Grin Great pics. Will someone let us know on this site the dates for the 2012 Festval and a "whats on" rundown please? I wouldnt mind comming up for a few days (just to get my saveloy dip "fix"!:humble:
Chunkie Wrote:Big Grin Great pics. Will someone let us know on this site the dates for the 2012 Festval and a "whats on" rundown please? I wouldnt mind comming up for a few days (just to get my saveloy dip "fix"!:humble:

Just watch this space chunkie, there is always something going on some where, but if you decide to come up don't forget to let us all know as it is a good excuse (not that wee need one)For us all to get together for a drink.
ive got a question for this thread..why is charlies park,called charlies park:confused: i was told today it was because sir charles palmer lived in the house looking onto the park(bedes world):confused::confused:
elizabeth Wrote:ive got a question for this thread..why is charlies park,called charlies park:confused: i was told today it was because sir charles palmer lived in the house looking onto the park(bedes world):confused::confused:

It was named after the park keeper Charles Harrison.

It's been mentioned before on a quiz thread. Smile
thanx jarraman,i did do a quick search of the site,but i didnt look at the quizes.Wink
Its about this time of year when all the households in Jarrow will get a little booklet in their postbox, and inside you will find lots of things that have been planned for the 2012 Jarrow Festival....so keep an eye out for the information and then please do post some details on the forum, for those of us who are not living in Jarrow.....cheers CaitSmileSmile
Family Fun Day this Saturday (19th May 2012) at Hedworthfield CA.
Childrens Entertainment, Stalls, Face Painting, Dance Display and Fairground rides as part of the Jarrow Festival....thought I would stick it on here since there is no mention whatsoever in the events section on the STC website (but then we're not in South Shields are we? Rolleyes)

Free Entry from 12 noon until 4pm
http://www.hedworthfieldca.co.uk/