Jarrow Festival
tedg Wrote:Wouldn't it be much better to have these festivals when the kids are off school so parents and grandparents have somewhere to take bored kids in the holidays.

Hi Tedg, your so right I missed lots of the Jarrow events and someone said that years ago they even closed the Community Centers during part of the six weeks holiday..its crazy if thats true..cheers Cait
you can call me ted if you want it's much less formal.Wink

tedg Wrote:you can call me ted if you want it's much less formal.Wink

:tea:Cheers Ted, cyber cupa for you via Caits Smile
jarraman Wrote:Dear me. We missed it then. Never knew anything about it. Did anyone else?

Yes, what was it?

I can remember the 'Festival Flats' .......
We had a brochure put through the door weeks ago about the Jarrow Festival - very informative.
jarraman Wrote:Dear me. We missed it then. Never knew anything about it. Did anyone else?
Jarraman,did you not go to the photo exhibition at Jarrow Library with Birdman,That was part of the Festival, I think the best part of the festival is the Medieval Fair at Charlie's Park.
Chic Wrote:We had a brochure put through the door weeks ago about the Jarrow Festival - very informative.

Hi Chic, thats the brochure I was talking about..lots of things mentioned around Jarrow....hope someone has taken a photo or two for the Jarrow website:typing: cheers Cait
fisherman Wrote:Jarraman,did you not go to the photo exhibition at Jarrow Library with Birdman,That was part of the Festival, I think the best part of the festival is the Medieval Fair at Charlie's Park.

Aaahh!! Fisherman..fingers crossed the guys went to the photo exhibition and can give a mention of what it was like..I missed it so did a number of friends...but I had thought many of the members who are in and around Jarrow could have viewed the show.
Its a good few years ago I was with family and we went down to the Medieval fair held at the Park you mention..truly it was great lots of smashing stalls and displays etc....took lots of photos then but as I say that was a few years ago....Fingers crossed someone on site has taken some at the Fair this year..cheers CaitSmile
Just Passing Wrote:Yes, what was it?

I can remember the 'Festival Flats' .......

Hi JP, no not the Flats..its the Jarrow Community Festival I gather brochures got put through the doors in Jarrow giving details of what was on..this year they even had a few day trips for locals..price was a bargain..cheers CaitSmile
Cait Wrote:Hi JP, no not the Flats..its the Jarrow Community Festival I gather brochures got put through the doors in Jarrow giving details of what was on..this year they even had a few day trips for locals..price was a bargain..cheers CaitSmile

I probably got one ...........
But when the junk mail lands on the mat, if it hasn't got my name on I just scoop it up and put it straight in the recycle bin without looking at it ...