Jarrow Ex servicemans.
(11 Dec 14, 7:02 PM)hebburn bloke Wrote:  Hebburn newtown club was bought and closed by same people. Still a burnt out empty building years later biggest eysore in hebburn.

A few issues with the authorities I've heard regards the new town club over the years.??  Dodgy   

(12 Dec 14, 1:38 AM)tedg Wrote:  The Crusaders is going to reopen very soon in it's original guise as the The Albion.Jess Mconnel is the owner. Big Grin

Maybe a couple of months Ted by what I've been told. Wink    Big Grin
(12 Dec 14, 2:00 AM)Steve Egg Wrote:  
(12 Dec 14, 1:38 AM)tedg Wrote:  The Crusaders is going to reopen very soon in it's original guise as the The Albion.Jess Mconnel is the owner. Big Grin

I wonder if he's going to run it or lease it out.

(13 Dec 14, 1:07 AM)tedg Wrote:  
(12 Dec 14, 2:00 AM)Steve Egg Wrote:  

I wonder if he's going to run it or lease it out.

Interesting link regards this pub and it's 'frontage changes' over the years. http://geordstoree.com/2013/02/24/jarrow-the-albion/  No idea Ted regards the last question. Undecided

Jarrow Elvis making a comeback? Big Grin
I read the link re. The Albion.  Very interesting.
It says that Pubs and Turf Accountants windows were draped.....
I don't think there were Turf accountants back then, were there?
I know there were 'bookies' who worked, but I'm sure there were no actual 'shops' with windows????
Were there?
(20 Dec 14, 12:48 AM)Pat Wrote:  I read the link re. The Albion.  Very interesting.
It says that Pubs and Turf Accountants windows were draped.....
I don't think there were Turf accountants back then, were there?
I know there were 'bookies' who worked, but I'm sure there were no actual 'shops' with windows????
Were there?
bookies were not legal till 1961 but people would have still been betting then.
Shocked 
Don't put any bet's on the Crusader's new name.. ;-)
Any news on when it's opening?

Tongue 
(11 Jan 15, 2:37 AM)tedg Wrote:  Any news on when it's opening?

Possibly sometime in February ...is what I've heard ???