Jarrow Cemetery
Glad you like it Cait. You may like my other cemetery site too:

http://www.tynesidegravematters.com

As the research is time consuming as you can imagine, both sites are ongoing, and many pages have yet to be updated.
hartman045 Wrote:Glad you like it Cait. You may like my other cemetery site too:

http://www.tynesidegravematters.com

As the research is time consuming as you can imagine, both sites are ongoing, and many pages have yet to be updated.

Another great site Hartman, I have seen a few names from my family tree mentioned..aahh!! so going to check them out soon.
Its like each time we visit Ireland we have taken photos of the Cemetarys and Churches...most of the headstones have tributes still visible even though they are over 100yrs old....cheers Cait
Does anyone know where I might get a map of the layout of the Jarrow Cemetery?
Here you are JarraLass. I think you can work out the orientation yourself.

[Image: qq2x5z.jpg]
THANK YOU! That's brilliant.
:tea:
hartman045 Wrote:Here you are JarraLass. I think you can work out the orientation yourself.

[Image: qq2x5z.jpg]
A pic I took on Sunday of Father Meynell's Gravestone.He was the first Priest at St Bedes.I think it's time the Parishoners of St Bedes gave it a bit of a spruce up

Attached Files
.jpg   phone pics 020.jpg (Size: 233.1 KB / Downloads: 25)
so which is the protestant and which is the catholic side Hartman ?
I popped In to Jarrow Cemetery this morning....The House Is up for auction...
(21 Sep 09, 12:31 AM)tedg Wrote:  1869 March 7th the first internment in Jarrow Cemetery took place this day in the unconsecrated plot of ground the corpse being that of an infant 2 weeks old named Isabella Moore daughter of William Moore plater1869
March 9th The second internment in the cemetery was that of a child in the consecrated ground. Her name was Margaret Chrisp aged 6 years a daughter of Mr. Chrisp a fruiter in Jarrow. The consecration in the Jarrow Cemetery by the Bishop of Durham took place this day. There are 15 acres of land 6 of which are set apart for the internment of members of the Church of England and the remainder being for Dissenters and Roman Catholics.
There were a large number of people present amongst whom were
Mr. Ingledew (deputy registrar) Rev. W. Philip Rector of
Jarrow; Rev John Bee Incumbent of Christ Church, Mr. Thos
Braban, chairman of the Burial Board; Messrs M. Nixon, George
Riddle, John Stead, Thos. Sheldon, Thos Gray; G. Wallace and Thos
Robson members of the Burial Board. Dr. Thompson, Dr. Huntley, Messrs William Todd and W.H. Dickinson church wardens and a number of spectators.

Hi, dont know if you still post here? But here goes.
My relation James McNulty died on 22nd January 1869 - where is he likely to be burried? He lived in Union Street.
Regards
Norman