Jarrow Cemetery
No, one got burnt down about 15 years ago by vandals.
One is still there.on the right hand side from the cemetary gates.The window from the other one is set in a flower bed on the site of it.
1869 March 7th the first internment in Jarrow Cemetery took place this day in the unconsecrated plot of ground the corpse being that of an infant 2 weeks old named Isabella Moore daughter of William Moore plater1869
March 9th The second internment in the cemetery was that of a child in the consecrated ground. Her name was Margaret Chrisp aged 6 years a daughter of Mr. Chrisp a fruiter in Jarrow. The consecration in the Jarrow Cemetery by the Bishop of Durham took place this day. There are 15 acres of land 6 of which are set apart for the internment of members of the Church of England and the remainder being for Dissenters and Roman Catholics.
There were a large number of people present amongst whom were
Mr. Ingledew (deputy registrar) Rev. W. Philip Rector of
Jarrow; Rev John Bee Incumbent of Christ Church, Mr. Thos
Braban, chairman of the Burial Board; Messrs M. Nixon, George
Riddle, John Stead, Thos. Sheldon, Thos Gray; G. Wallace and Thos
Robson members of the Burial Board. Dr. Thompson, Dr. Huntley, Messrs William Todd and W.H. Dickinson church wardens and a number of spectators.
got B&W test prints circa 1980.
which was catholic/protestant?
see jpeg attached

Attached Files
.jpg   cem church1.jpg (Size: 407.09 KB / Downloads: 26)
.jpg   cem church2.jpg (Size: 213.24 KB / Downloads: 21)
Some very good information in this thread, cheers Cait
I hate going there because its always a sad occasion. Sad
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever
time to worry is when its your last journey. Arh but then you'll be past worrying.
which was the catholic and protestant church--see my two photos on previous thread
taken 30sep09. see thread 12 and 14( to compare church)
church hasn't changed much.

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCF0193.JPG (Size: 616.47 KB / Downloads: 12)
.jpg   DSCF0194.JPG (Size: 548.55 KB / Downloads: 12)
.jpg   DSCF0195.JPG (Size: 548.62 KB / Downloads: 11)
The third photo is of the Cross of Sacrifice. Found in any cemetery with more than 40 CWGC graves.
See my web site for more info on graves and gravestones:

http://stmaryschurchheworth.com/
hartman045 Wrote:The third photo is of the Cross of Sacrifice. Found in any cemetery with more than 40 CWGC graves.
See my web site for more info on graves and gravestones:

http://stmaryschurchheworth.com/

Thats one great website you have, I have saved it in my favs..wow!! lots of smashing info...and the background music and chants..excellent....thank you for posting link..cheers CaitSmile