Jarrow Bird Watching/Sightings/Photographs.
Mary Wrote:well I don't know much about bird, but can somebody tell me what this little one is, taken in my garden last year.
Looking at first photo,the small patch of yellow on bottom of wing,look's like Goldfinch to me.See what other's think.
fisherman Wrote:Looking at first photo,the small patch of yellow on bottom of wing,look's like Goldfinch to me.See what other's think.
Aye I would go with that, also the tail shape and the colouring to the underneath of it.
6 Curlew at Jarrow Slake yesterday afternoon.
fisherman Wrote:Looking at first photo,the small patch of yellow on bottom of wing,look's like Goldfinch to me.See what other's think.

Thanks fisherman, I do get a lot of goldfinches in my garden, but this one looked much to big for a goldfinch, and the breast plumeage looked much to white'ish, that is what confused me.
Mary it looks like a goldfinch,delicate small finch that has a sandy brown body with white belly,black wings you can just see the yellow wingbar,davy.
Thanks every one for your reply to my query, it realy had me stummped as to what it was.:confused:
Mary Wrote:Thanks every one for your reply to my query, it realy had me stummped as to whet it was.:confused:
We're all here to help.SmileSmile
Jarrow Slake this evening. 10 Redshank, 4 Curlew, Cormoront, Grey Heron. 40 Black Headed Gulls.
Sparrowhawk. Beautifull Birds they are.

[ATTACH]1502[/ATTACH]

Click on the photo to enlarge.

Attached Files
.jpg   sparrowhawk.JPG (Size: 238.13 KB / Downloads: 40)
jarraman Wrote:Sparrowhawk. Beautifull Birds they are.

[ATTACH]1502[/ATTACH]

Click on the photo to enlarge.
Hi Jarrowman is this with the new camera,excellent shot,Regards Davy.