Jarrow Bedewell
I don't know where I got this photo from but some of our members might be interested in it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Where is this please?
The only Bede's well that I can think of is/was up near the old slag heap.????
 If that is the well that used to be near the slag heap it must be a really really old photo and that is the only Bede,s well I can remember 
I have just 'Googled' Bede Well, Jarrow and was very surprised at the picture which came up.
It is from the Paul Perry collection and shows people standing on a bridge type structure, and is dated 1910.
Is this really the same site as the present day Bede's Well?  It looks so different.
(25 Jul 15, 8:12 PM)Pat Wrote:  I have just 'Googled' Bede Well, Jarrow and was very surprised at the picture which came up.
It is from the Paul Perry collection and shows people standing on a bridge type structure, and is dated 1910.
Is this really the same site as the present day Bede's Well?  It looks so different.

Pat I took a photo of Bedes Well a couple of year ago....The place was a mess with people lighting fire's and also using the area as a drinking den... Sad....If I can find the photo I'll post on site,  If not I'll try and get up and take another pic just so that you can see the difference....
Agree it doesn't look like Bedes Well.  Wonder where that house was?
I was going to ask the same thing!
This topic was mentioned on the Hebburn site at one time, but I cannot remember the details.
I think the well had railings round it (not sure) when I last saw it???  It certainly didn't look much like the photo Joan posted, or the one on Google!!
What a shame that the site wasn't respected a bit more.  A section of the younger generations don't seem to respect anything, including themselves, any more.
From Patrick Brennans Donmouth website.
http://www.donmouth.co.uk/local_history/bedes_well/bedes_well.html

Very interesting read.  Thanks Tedg.
It has quite a bit of history behind it!
Did you manage to get an up-to-date picture Fisherman?
(27 Jul 15, 5:21 AM)Pat Wrote:  Very interesting read.  Thanks Tedg.
It has quite a bit of history behind it!
Did you manage to get an up-to-date picture Fisherman?

Pat as I said on my previous post about photo...I can't find It In any of my album's..I know It's In there somewhere,but up to now no sign,   Depending on weather over the next couple of days I'll get a photo for you..