How about a thanks button?
I know I'm just new to this site but I hope that you don't mind me suggesting a 'Thanks Button' On many occasions people post useful information and replies where I feel that I'd like to say thanks rather than adding to the thread. What does anyone else think? Sorry if I'm overstepping the mark Admin but I visit quite a few sites where they are a feature and really miss it on here. You are such a helpful bunch it feels wrong not to show appreciation Smile
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, nothing but happiness come through your door.
No need Tilly. Look at the visitors to a certain thread. Loads there is.

If people want to reply then they could.

personal opinion

I agree though that there could be a QUICK reply.
could stick a like option on

There's an "I approve" button with the option to add a comment
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vikki Lawlor
Tilly Wrote:I know I'm just new to this site but I hope that you don't mind me suggesting a 'Thanks Button' On many occasions people post useful information and replies where I feel that I'd like to say thanks rather than adding to the thread. What does anyone else think? Sorry if I'm overstepping the mark Admin but I visit quite a few sites where thay are a feature and really miss it on here. You are such a helpful bunch it feels wrong not to show appreciation Smile

I 'like' the idea of a 'like' AND a 'thanks' button Tilly Smile
Thanks Pauline, I 'like' that! WinkSmile
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, nothing but happiness come through your door.
To many options and feature's, might complicate it a bit for those of us who are not such a whizz on the computer as some of our younger posters.:confused::confused:
Mary Wrote:To many options and feature's, might complicate it a bit for those of us who are not such a whizz on the computer as some of our younger posters.:confused::confused:
I know what you mean Mary, but a thanks button is just something you click on, like the reply button and it just shows that you've said thanks. Dead easyWinkSmile
This is something I've thought about before. It's quick, simple and is a very nice way of appreciating another's post without having to actualy write anything.

I'll have a dig around, see if I can find something that will fit the bill.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Done.

There's now a 'thanks' button on the bottom of each post.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.