Help finding windows on my hp laptop
Can any of Jarrow life members help me? Every time I try to use windows, I am asked to buy it. I came with the laptop. However, several months ago, I was able to use windows. Also, I am bombarded with bling home page but I have always used Google.

Any thoughts/tips will be appreciated.
(20 Jan 15, 6:44 AM)Joan Wrote:  Can any of Jarrow life members help me? Every time I try to use windows, I am asked to buy it. I came with the laptop. However, several months ago, I was able to use windows. Also, I am bombarded with bling home page but I have always used Google.

I know its quite a while, since you put your query on here, what Windows are you using, if it is Windows 8.1, Bing is the default search engine if you put in the search engine you require, when it appears on screen, the right  click, then make it your default .
(29 Aug 15, 1:52 PM)Sapper Wrote:  
(20 Jan 15, 6:44 AM)Joan Wrote:  Can any of Jarrow life members help me? Every time I try to use windows, I am asked to buy it. I came with the laptop. However, several months ago, I was able to use windows. Also, I am bombarded with bling home page but I have always used Google.

I know its quite a while, since you put your query on here, what Windows are you using, if it is Windows 8.1, Bing is the default search engine if you put in the search engine you require, when it appears on screen, the right  click, then make it your default .

Thanks for that Sapper. I've now learnt that my laptop is Windows 'ready' and I'm certainly not using the apps provided, that most people do nowadays. I paid a small fortune for the laptop and was expecting it to have Office Suite. Unfortunately, you have to buy it separately now. I've bought a much cheaper and better version similar to Office Suite now.