Ellison Street
(20 Dec 13, 10:16 PM)jarraman Wrote:  Your opinion is most appreciated.  Cheers :)

Went to the school from 1951-1958. Lots of great memories. Miss Downie married Johnny Moore while I was there, they lived in Monkton Village.
Miss Maddock was another teacher I recall.
Girls names; jean Douglas, Margaret Morrison, Sheila Mensforth.
Guys names; Harry Spanner, Harry Brown, Squeaky. Just to name a few..
Have searched high and low for photographs, seems the school never existed.
(01 Nov 14, 11:03 PM)Beano Wrote:  
(20 Dec 13, 10:16 PM)jarraman Wrote:  Your opinion is most appreciated.  Cheers Smile

Went to the school from 1951-1958. Lots of great memories. Miss Downie married Johnny Moore while I was there, they lived in Monkton Village.

I went to Ellison C.E.school remember killer Mcall ex paratrooper would throw the black board duster at you, Mr Hinchcliffe was the P.E.teacher, Mr Pycroft was the headmaster, also Miss Maddock, Miss Allison and a few more.I was there from 1949 till 1960 if my memory serves my right.The guys I knew there were Brian Chapman, Billy Brewer, Lionel Watson, Douglas Newman, Tommy Shippen, Donald Mammo, Peter Robinson, Alan Robson, Dennis White, and a few more, the girls were Linda Cuskin, Jean Burrel, Freda Atkinson, Beryal James, Margaret Blemire, Sheila Mensforth those are the only ones I can recall, you could say I left Jarra in 1980 to work overseas coming back on vacation, then finally left in 1985 for the United States were I now
live.Hope to hear from the Ellison St crowd.M
Hi cumminsfl....I know a Lind Cuskin, I wonder If It's the same one that went to your school,I think she's either In her late 60's or early 70s,So could that be her... Huh
(12 Apr 15, 7:07 PM)fisherman Wrote:  Hi cumminsfl....I know a Lind Cuskin, I wonder If It's the same one that went to your school,I think she's either In her late 60's or early 70s,So could that be her... Huh

I think that would be Linda as she would be around my age getting old my friend.
(13 Apr 15, 1:48 AM)cumminsfl Wrote:  
(12 Apr 15, 7:07 PM)fisherman Wrote:  Hi cumminsfl....I know a Lind Cuskin, I wonder If It's the same one that went to your school,I think she's either In her late 60's or early 70s,So could that be her... Huh

I think that would be Linda as she would be around my age getting old my friend.
Well If you'd like to private message me with your full name and you'd like me to mention you to Linda,I'll pass Info on when I see her....
(12 Apr 15, 5:30 PM)cumminsfl Wrote:  
(20 Dec 13, 10:16 PM)jarraman Wrote:  Your opinion is most appreciated.  Cheers Smile

I went to Ellison C.E.school remember killer Mcall ex paratrooper would throw the black board duster at you, Mr Hinchcliffe was the P.E.teacher, Mr Pycroft was the headmaster, also Miss Maddock, Miss Allison and a few more.I was there from 1949 till 1960 if my memory serves my right.The guys I knew there were Brian Chapman, Billy Brewer, Lionel Watson, Douglas Newman, Tommy Shippen, Donald Mammo, Peter Robinson, Alan Robson, Dennis White, and a few more, the girls were Linda Cuskin, Jean Burrel, Freda Atkinson, Beryal James, Margaret Blemire, Sheila Mensforth those are the only ones I can recall, you could say I left Jarra in 1980 to work overseas coming back on vacation, then finally left in 1985 for the United States were I now

I went to the Ellison 1955-1959 remember all of the names you have mentioned, also Marjorie Cameron, Jean Spillman, Joe Cummings, Dougie Newman,
(12 Apr 15, 5:30 PM)cumminsfl Wrote:  

I went to the Ellison from 1955-1959 and I remember all of the names you have mentioned plus Jean Bramwell, Jean Spillman, Marjory Cameron,David Reid, & Joe Cummins, I left Jarrow 1968 & moved down south. I have some great memories of the Ellison and was sad when they knocked it down.

Hi, my name is George (Geordie ) Form, went to the Ellison with my sister Alice, she left in 1958. me in 1959. Just wondered if anybody remembers us.