Ellison Street
Anyone attend Ellison Street juniors mid to late 60s? I remember the head was Jim Trodden, a little cane happy if my memory serves me right. There were also two teachers who were married to each other (the Moores) and a Mr McCall who we nicknamed "Killer" although I can't recall him ever lifting his hand to anybody. The original school was next to the Town Hall.
HI Peter,
I went there 1965-66 after the Grange School was closed.
I would have been there then & can certainly remember a few pupils moving over from The Grange.
Does anyone have access to Jarrow street directories from the 1920's?

I am looking for William and Annie Allison. They may have lived in Ellison Street or Stephen Street (not there now? - was near Prince Consort Road).

If anyone can help I would appreciate the assistance.
Hi and apologies for not having visited the forum for about 2 years. I visit it tonight and find a long lost relative seeking info on the Allisons. I think we may have been in touch via Ancestry but if you want to pm me I have all the family history. Have missed the forum and will now be checking in regularly. My family tree has William and Annie in it.
Nice to see you back on site chic, you should pop in and see us more often,
Went to Ellison C of E School from March 1935 at age of 5yrs and left when I was 14 Years old at Easter Holdays in 1943 and started work in Hebburn Palmers Construction a week later and was payed 11 shillings and four pence(54 pence)
Head Teacher was Mr Pigg and he was followed by Mr Pycroft, one of the teaches was named Miss Moore.
By the way Ellison Street School was in Wylam Street next to the Old Fire Station. in between Ellisin Street and Walteo Street near the Town Hall.
Your opinion is most appreciated. Cheers Smile
Peter Blackburn Wrote:Anyone attend Ellison Street juniors mid to late 60s? I remember the head was Jim Trodden, a little cane happy if my memory serves me right. There were also two teachers who were married to each other (the Moores) and a Mr McCall who we nicknamed "Killer" although I can't recall him ever lifting his hand to anybody. The original school was next to the Town Hall.

i attended this school in the 60s i seem to recall a mr piecroft from there