Dingwall Family
I wonder If anyone could add anything else to this,The lady that sent me this Info would like to know If there are any family member's living In the Jarrow area,The lady that contacted me live's In the Birmingham area..
'm sorry I didn't reply quicker , but I had loaned all my paper work to a cousin, but its back now, so down to buisness. First of all I will give you the details of the dingwall who was my grandads mother, she was Ellen Mellis Dingwall ( also known as Nellie) born 1872, married William Albert Dixon ( born1870) they married in 1894 at St. Edmunds Church Gateshead on March 4th 1894, the address on the marriage certificate was 39 Cramer Terrace. 6 months later ( lol ) my grandad was born on 14th October 1894 at 94 Albert road Jarrow, which was the home of the Dingwall family. The Dixon family at the time lived at 98 Albert road.

The names and dates I have for other members of the family are as follows,
Ellen Mellis Dingwall (Dingwell) was listed on the 1881 census as living at 94 Albert road , Jarrow ,with :-

John Dingwall age 36 birthplace Scotland occupation blacksmith

Ann Dingwall age 28 birthplace Scotland Wife

Ellen Dingwall age 7 birthplace Jarrow - daughter

Ann Dingwall age 3 birthplace Jarrow - daughter

David Dingwall age 1 birthplace Jarrow - son

On the 1901 census the family had moved to 313 So Taylor Street, where Ellen (Nellie) was now living
under her married name of Dixon, but stated she was a widow, the other members of the household:-

John and Ann Dingwall

Annie Dingwall age 22 single - servant

David Dingwall age 21 single - Engine fitter

Margartet Dingwall daughter age 19

John Dingwall son age 17 single

Elizabeth Dingwall daughter aged 15

Isabella Dingwall daughter age 13

George Dingwall son age 11

Lillian Dingwall daughter age 9

Agnes Dingwall daughter age 7

Gladys Dingwall daughter age 5

Although Ellen was listed here as a widow there was no mention of her son (my grandad) John Dixon born 14/10/1894.
I hope this might help bring something new, fingers crossed.
fisherman Wrote:I wonder If anyone could add anything else to this,The lady that sent me this Info would like to know If there are any family member's living In the Jarrow area,The lady that contacted me live's In the Birmingham area..
'm sorry I didn't reply quicker , but I had loaned all my paper work to a cousin, but its back now, so down to buisness. First of all I will give you the details of the dingwall who was my grandads mother, she was Ellen Mellis Dingwall ( also known as Nellie) born 1872, married William Albert Dixon ( born1870) they married in 1894 at St. Edmunds Church Gateshead on March 4th 1894, the address on the marriage certificate was 39 Cramer Terrace. 6 months later ( lol ) my grandad was born on 14th October 1894 at 94 Albert road Jarrow, which was the home of the Dingwall family. The Dixon family at the time lived at 98 Albert road.

The names and dates I have for other members of the family are as follows,
Ellen Mellis Dingwall (Dingwell) was listed on the 1881 census as living at 94 Albert road , Jarrow ,with :-

John Dingwall age 36 birthplace Scotland occupation blacksmith

Ann Dingwall age 28 birthplace Scotland Wife

Ellen Dingwall age 7 birthplace Jarrow - daughter

Ann Dingwall age 3 birthplace Jarrow - daughter

David Dingwall age 1 birthplace Jarrow - son

On the 1901 census the family had moved to 313 So Taylor Street, where Ellen (Nellie) was now living
under her married name of Dixon, but stated she was a widow, the other members of the household:-

John and Ann Dingwall

Annie Dingwall age 22 single - servant

David Dingwall age 21 single - Engine fitter

Margartet Dingwall daughter age 19

John Dingwall son age 17 single

Elizabeth Dingwall daughter aged 15

Isabella Dingwall daughter age 13

George Dingwall son age 11

Lillian Dingwall daughter age 9

Agnes Dingwall daughter age 7

Gladys Dingwall daughter age 5

Although Ellen was listed here as a widow there was no mention of her son (my grandad) John Dixon born 14/10/1894.
I hope this might help bring something new, fingers crossed.
Anyone with any Info yet,I've already got our friend Sapper trying for me...Maybe one of our newer member's might come up with something
there a L Dingwall list in the BT 2013/14 telephone director living in Hebburn.
Cheers Pronto. I'm onto that one at the moment.
The girl who lives in Hebburn states that her granddad was John Dingwall.

They were all from the Horsley Hill area of South Shields.
jarraman Wrote:The girl who lives in Hebburn states that her granddad was John Dingwall.

Cheers Jarraman.....Has she got any Info I could pass on....Thank's
(19 Mar 14, 8:24 PM)fisherman Wrote:  
jarraman Wrote:The girl who lives in Hebburn states that her granddad was John Dingwall.

Cheers Jarraman.....Has she got any Info I could pass on....Thank's

Hi this is definately part of my family tree. I know this is a very old post, but if you are still interested I will get the info for you.