Come on in, the kettle's on...
I wondered if we could just have a straightforward chat thread, on no particular subject where we could add a bit of banter that doesn't warrant a separate thread? Maybe others will add their thoughts...
So come on in, the kettle's on Smile
I'll start...Did you hear about Angela Merkel being stopped by Customs as she entered Greece yesterday? Apparently she was asked her name and date of birth then the customs official queried 'occupation?' to which she replied 'no, only visiting'....Big Grin
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, nothing but happiness come through your door.
Are there any keen gardeners among you? How are your gardens doing in this wet weather? Strong winds today... just what we don't need!
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, nothing but happiness come through your door.
Tilly Wrote:Are there any keen gardeners among you? How are your gardens doing in this wet weather? Strong winds today... just what we don't need!

got to keep an eye on the fish pond, in case it over flows with all this rain. but what the heck the fish would still survive as the lawn is like a lake any way.:fish:
Sounds like your garden is as bad as mine Mary! I'm thinking of growing rice next year...WinkSad Shocking isn't it?
Mary Wrote:got to keep an eye on the fish pond, in case it over flows with all this rain. but what the heck the fish would still survive as the lawn is like a lake any way.:fish:
Ah didn't know I had a pond until me waterlilies started flowering.:o
Seriously though, I spent three hours today tying up lupins, cornflowers, delphiniums and a few others after they were flattened by the rain. Some of the smaller stuff was covered in soil splashed up by the downpour. :mad:
Almost any one around here would swap with you right now. We have a drought. The grass is dead and the trees are wilting. The flowers that were blooming have just burned up. The farmers are really hurting too as their crops aren't growing. It's been in the 90'sF for a while now and no rain for what seems like forever. It's even too hot to go out in for any length of time without shade.

Think this 'chat' page is a great idea Tilly!

p.s. Who is Angela Merkel? DUH!
Thanks Pat, I thought that we might get a bit of 'flow' going... (hope Admin doesn't mind!)
Angela Merkel is the German Chancellor.
Back to the weather, I suppose that there's always someone worse off isn't there? I hope that it's not too bad out there for you. Mind, the farmers here are complaining about lost crops too. We are always surprised here with whatever weather we get... silly isn't it?
My plants are the same Birdman, droopy lupins are a big problem Wink Anyone struggling with veg growing? I've got carrots still frightened to put in an appearance that were planted in March!
There'll be a lot of disappointed football fans waking up this morning. Anyone for tennis?:p
Tilly Wrote:Thanks Pat, I thought that we might get a bit of 'flow' going... (hope Admin doesn't mind!)
Back to the weather, I suppose that there's always someone worse off isn't there? I hope that it's not too bad out there for you. Mind, the farmers here are complaining about lost crops too. We are always surprised here with whatever weather we get... silly isn't it?
My plants are the same Birdman, droopy lupins are a big problem Wink Anyone struggling with veg growing? I've got carrots still frightened to put in an appearance that were planted in March!
There'll be a lot of disappointed football fans waking up this morning. Anyone for tennis?:p

This wont be a surprise but they are hinting that this June could be the wettest since 1860.
Us football fans weren't dissapointed because we expected to be knocked out although it should have been over after 90 minutes.
Tilly Wrote:Thanks Pat, I thought that we might get a bit of 'flow' going... (hope Admin doesn't mind!)

yes Tilly Im a tennis fan so if I am missing for a while you know I am watching the tennis, so won't have much time for pottering in my garden, even if the sun shinesWink
I knew that we'd had heavy rain on Sunday afternoon but was surprised to see photos in the Sheilds Gazette of flooding on Ocean Rd and apparently the York Avenue to the Robin Hood road suffered too. Mind, the bit under the bridge by the Robin floods very quickly doesn't it?
Mary, I hope that we get some dry weather for the tennis. We can only stand so much of Cliff singing can't we?Wink
Sorry that I can't join in with the footie banter Adventurer, I know nothing except that OH was shouting at the telly right through and demanding that Young be taken off and then when he was chosen for the penalties!...:eek::eek::eek:Smile