Clackers
Oh Cait, hula hoops when we had small waists to place the hoops onto,round our necks,on our wrists,see how many got the most going at once. wish i could do that today,lol.:rapture:
:focus:

Yes I remember clackers, abolutley lethal!
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Jarrowlass Wrote:Oh Cait, hula hoops when we had small waists to place the hoops onto,round our necks,on our wrists,see how many got the most going at once. wish i could do that today,lol.:rapture:

Lol...Hi Jarrowlass, I remember they used to have competitions in the lane to see who could keep the hoops going the longest..lol..no wonder I had a small waist..lol..Can you still buy them..its a great way of getting trim..and a lot cheaper than the keep-fit classes or gym....memories..pure magic..Smilecheers Cait
Cait Wrote:OMG ..the pain...the swollen wrists...phew!! yes I remember them..Smile

And who can remember the craze for ;

Hoola Hoops....now they came in all sizes and colours...and no bruises..lol..cheers Cait
does anyone remember american skips loads of coloured elastic bands slotted together they used to sting your legs.
Cait Wrote:OMG ..the pain...the swollen wrists...phew!! yes I remember them..Smile

And who can remember the craze for ;

Hoola Hoops....now they came in all sizes and colours...and no bruises..lol..cheers Cait

Hay you can still get hoola hoops. earlier this year on holiday one of the woman with us bought three, and they all had a good laugh trying to do it around the pool,( as they were all in there sixty's or seventy's) I think she eventually gave them to some children who were staying at the hotel.
lorgor Wrote:does anyone remember american skips loads of coloured elastic bands slotted together they used to sting your legs.

I remember them well Lorgor. It wasn't so bad in winter when we wore knee length socks or tights Big Grin
Back to hula-hoops, bought one last week in Morrisons half price.
It feels very light compared to ours when we had them as kids.
Cant keep it up on my waist, but had a good laugh trying.
Hebburn is so far behind, the kids still play with them lol.

Attached Files
.jpg   clackers.JPG (Size: 98.11 KB / Downloads: 10)
Seen clackers in Keswick market yesterday. Solid plastic they are with balls on the end.
jarraman Wrote:Seen clackers in Keswick market yesterday. Solid plastic they are with balls on the end.

They were for learners Jarraman - us veterans played with the ones with cord Big GrinBig Grin