Clackers
Who Remembers the famous Clackers of the 70s?

Two large marble like balls on string with a handle and you had to hit the against each other.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clackers
jarraman Wrote:Who Remembers the famous Clackers of the 70s?

Two large marble like balls on string with a handle and you had to hit the against each other.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clackers
I remember the bruised wrists!
I'm with Primrose on this. Damaged wrists. but it didn't stop me from trying again.

I discovered the best thing to do with them was cut the string in the middle, paint them brown and you had two unbeatable "conkers". No need for vinegar or baking in the oven. :lol:
Bet that was you that claimed you couldnt be beat either :nono: lol
We'll have to have a pint of Westoe netty in the Robin' one of these days jarraman. You'll know me right away. I'll be the one with the beady eyes and sharp beak. Smile

I'll be sure to bring me clackers with is and you can show me how it's done. :p
primrose Wrote:I remember the bruised wrists!

OMG ..the pain...the swollen wrists...phew!! yes I remember them..Smile

And who can remember the craze for ;

Hoola Hoops....now they came in all sizes and colours...and no bruises..lol..cheers Cait
What about a ball in one of ya Ma's old stockings.or the rubber band of a pop bottle top fittrd on a stick .A hair clip through it and hey presto a matchstick gun.Or even worse a 4"nail flattened by a coal train at boldon colliery spliced into a bamboo cane with a notch cut in the end to take a piece of sting made a leathel arrow.Yes we all did it.Confusedorry:
Birdman Wrote:We'll have to have a pint of Westoe netty in the Robin' one of these days jarraman. You'll know me right away. I'll be the one with the beady eyes and sharp beak. Smile

I'll be sure to bring me clackers with is and you can show me how it's done. :p

Oops sorry if I ruffled your feathers. :high5:
This blog sounds more like Twitter.:moony:
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever
Cait Wrote:OMG ..the pain...the swollen wrists...phew!! yes I remember them..Smile

And who can remember the craze for ;

Hoola Hoops....now they came in all sizes and colours...and no bruises..lol..cheers Cait
The ready salted ones are bestBig Grin