Chip Shops
Tilly Wrote:I can remember getting chips at the shop beside the North Eastern after going to Walter St Baths. Chips in a cone of newspaper with vinegar running out of the bottom... mmmm Smile
Name of Fish Shop....Station Fisheries.Smile
Thanks Fisherman, I can still remember standing outside in the dark waitng for my friends to be served, long hair still soaking! How come we didn't catch cold?
As you can see I'm still working my way through all of these lovely posts!
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, nothing but happiness come through your door.
I do not think that there was such a thing as a bad fish and chip shop in the days we are talking about, when you are hungry wots the difference between a bad chippie and a good one.
Apart from all that rubbish , Franchies was as good as one could get , then he opens a night club,then a scoff shop in Shield market any idea where they are now. WilfrySmileSmile
Tilly Wrote:Thanks Fisherman, I can still remember standing outside in the dark waitng for my friends to be served, long hair still soaking! How come we didn't catch cold?
As you can see I'm still working my way through all of these lovely posts!

Tilly, it's great having new members as some long forgotten thread is brought up and added to. Much more refreshing.
Thanks Jarraman I'm really enjoying them. Stop me if I'm rambling too much...:oBig Grin
Wilfry, was that the one in Hedgeley Rd, Hebburn? I knew Albert and Paul Franchi. As you say, I wonder where they are now?
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, nothing but happiness come through your door.
Hi Tilly ,
The Franchies i am talking about was in Lindisfarne road ,I think.
Michael and Francis ran it. There was a Franchies in Hebburn as well.
Thanks Wilfry, the one I remember in Hedgeley Rd was run by Bert, Albert's Dad. Paul was a cousin I think.
Tilly, there is a thread somewhere about Bert. Go to search and type his name.
wilfry Wrote:Hi Tilly ,
The Franchies i am talking about was in Lindisfarne road ,I think.
Michael and Francis ran it. There was a Franchies in Hebburn as well.
his shop was in Stanhope rd.

o & a's in monkton road next to the queen's head pub,were good fish and chip's peggy's next to valley view school were the best you could buy.