Chip Shops
tedg Wrote:We used to Soaves on the scotch estate.I you took a load of newspapaers in they used to give you a bag of chips.Smile

I remember big fat Franco in that chippy. seen him lately and he has lost a lot of weight now!:eek:
Yes I know Franco. Lovely lad and looking very fit.
after buying a bag of chips, from the chip shop by the Northeastern,was told to bug**r off for asking for pepper .:eek:

Whose chip shop was it?
Seen Peggy Greaves on York Avenue yesterday. Looked very fit for her age.
never i thought she was dead now,mind i have lived in barnsley for nealy thirty years but my sisters keep in me in touch with what is going on there:confused:
Gordy Wrote:I remember big fat Franco in that chippy. seen him lately and he has lost a lot of weight now!:eek:
Saw Francos mam in Jarrow a couple of weeks ago.She's never changed.
Pat Wrote:I agree with you Jarrowlass! They were good fish and chips, and very popular after an evening out.

Totally agree; at the weekend, out of the north easten bar, into the chippy, chips with batter and curry sauce, then on to watch a fight at the bus station.
Hahaha, think the fights at the Bus Station should be started on another thread. Would be a canny thread.
SmileLol...all this talk about fish n chips.....mmmmm!!! thats what I aim to have on Saturday night.....Smilecheers Cait
I can remember getting chips at the shop beside the North Eastern after going to Walter St Baths. Chips in a cone of newspaper with vinegar running out of the bottom... mmmm Smile
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, nothing but happiness come through your door.