Buster Crabbe
I'm watching an old black and white film called Badman's Country on TCM chanel and I was pleasantly pleased when I recognised one of the actors in it that I used to see regularly on my visits to the Empire cinema. He was better known to me as Flash Gordon and I remember screaming violently when he was in danger from the dreaded Ming!
(26 Aug 15, 9:02 PM)Joan Wrote:  I'm watching an old black and white film called Badman's Country on TCM chanel and I was pleasantly pleased when I recognised one of the actors in it that I used to see regularly on my visits to the Empire cinema. He was better known to me as Flash Gordon and I remember screaming violently when he was in danger from the dreaded Ming!

How old are you Joan LOL Angel Angel  I used to visit the Empire every saturday in my youth. I remember watching the old Flash serials.  In fact I bought the Flash Gordon collection last year on Amazon.  They were all made circa 1936.

Can you remember the manager who used to walk around in a black suit and dicky bow tie.  He used to have a snooker cue in his hand.   I would say thay guy is well and truly passed away.
St James Park till the day I die.