Borough Road Disco
Leggysda Wrote:no i think it is Johns brother who is in the police. john worked at Westoe pit.
anybody know who the DJ was at Borough road disco?

John did join the Police Force approx 1975 but I'm not sure if he completed the training course.
No idea who the DJ was.
I think that I missed out! I remember attending ballroom dancing classes there when I was about 10....:o
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, nothing but happiness come through your door.
Tilly Wrote:I think that I missed out! I remember attending ballroom dancing classes there when I was about 10....:o
i think one of my older brothers Davy (also known as Bunker) used to be the DJ at Borough road
Aye used to go with you baz a few cans of tennents lager eh .wey hey .
john"the mad monk" mcabe did join the police force briefly befor he went down t pits,,his younger brother bede still is in the police force,after a time in the milatery police,,,john is now a counclier Wink
Chic Wrote:Borough Road disco started in 1962/3 as Borough Road Youth Club and was ran by Rosalind Gibbons ( now Slater). It was held on a Friday night with a 6d entry fee. I am not sure of the name of the group who used to play but Brian Rowan was the guitarist. Some of the people who went in 1962 - Paul Thompson, Micky Pratt, David Tripcony, Tommy Simpson, Ruth Thom, Jean Carlisle, Jean Davis, Christine Marriott, Val Brown, Pat Gowans, Andrea Ash, Eileen Pope, Christine Rooney, Dave Short, Tess McCabe, Bernard Hanna to name but a few, will all be about 64 now. A mixture of mods and rockers, happy days.
Hi sadly Jean Carlisle died a few year ago but rember so of the names j Davis M Pratt B Hanna rode a triumph bonny the bike to have,jean had two mates Linda Robson and Cath Thopson great times MEL T
Mott the Hoople and cans of Tartan in Valley View park en route !!
Yeah, I remember the Dj - Bunker Hill but not sure he was actually baptised as that lol.