Borough Road Disco
Bazza899 Wrote:As far as I an remember there was Borough Road, The Civic Hall, St Peters Church Hall and some on Hill Park. There used to be 2 night clubs, Club Saxon in Hill St and there was another one in the shopping centre upstairs from the bowling alley.
upstair from tyhe bowling ally was called frenchi's
jarra sparra Wrote:remember mad monk :eek:

He has/had Hebburn taxis??
Mad Monk is Hebburn councillor John McCabe I believe.
Thats right about John.

He used to shout.....Kill or be killed , so I have been informed.

I love all these memories coming back.
Hello all,ithink it was being battered by the mad monk and not battling with him and his cronies.New member of the site ,just testing the water.
jazman Wrote:Hello all,ithink it was being battered by the mad monk and not battling with him and his cronies.New member of the site ,just testing the water.

The water's fine. Come on in.Smile
jazman Wrote:Hello all,ithink it was being battered by the mad monk and not battling with him and his cronies.New member of the site ,just testing the water.
Welcome to the site jazman,don't be shy, no-one else is.ha. ha.look forward to reading your post's.Smile.
Bazza899 Wrote:How many members remember going to Borough Road Disco on a fridy

Nobody as yet, has said where the disco was held in Borough Road ..
Where was it? ...

There are only houses on one side of the road
And even though they are big houses
You would only get ten in the front room

Then theres the Rectory on the far corner
Across the road from that Stafford House
Then Stapleton House
Then Westfield House they demolished it about 8 years ago and built new houses (used to be the District Scouts)
- Those 4 would be big enough ..............
there used to be a hall in bough road. my be that is where it was, I don't know as I didn't go to that particular disco I think it may have been after my time,(like I did not get out much with looking after my children) and before that Baily's was the place to be.Big GrinBig Grin
Mary Wrote:there used to be a hall in bough road. my be that is where it was, I don't know as I didn't go to that particular disco I think it may have been after my time,(like I did not get out much with looking after my children) and before that Baily's was the place to be.Big GrinBig Grin

After my time also .......
I only remember Acker House on corner of Grant Street/Hill Street
Just missed out on the upstairs Store Hall in North Street Jarrow by a few years (tried to get in a few times but knocked back as too young - never did learn to bop)
Next was Jessies (upstairs Store Hall) on corner Lyon Street/Albert Street Hebburn
Never ever went to the Ambulance Hall Victoria Road Hebburn
Next Civic Hall Ellison Street Jarrow
Missed out on Franchi's as well
I had just turned 18 a few weeks before it shut for good and me mates younger than me got in, but the bouncer threw is out as too young
Yi cannot win can yi
(Mind if I had of known where this kids disco was in Borough Road I would of went there that night .............)

Mind did not miss out on The Mayfair or the Oxford Galleries Newcastle
Or the Cellar Club or the Tavern in Shields

Mind nobody was ever too old or too young for the ole 'Yella Wellie' (Golden Slipper) was thi .................
Eeh in the Ranch Hoose n the Shoreline n the Latino n the 69 club n thi Jungle n thi Borgundy Cobbla in thi Carlos Cabin,Uncle Toms,Sands,Kinks ................

For those that don't understand - Golden = Yella and Slipper = Wellie
Mind I used to call it the 'Claggie Mat' cos yi got clagged ti the mat with all the drink spilled on it .........

So where was this Disco in Brough Road then ................?????????????