Belsfield ( Boys )
Billyc Wrote:I am the eldest. also,to cause a bit confusion, when I thought about it I actually left in '70

I'm sure I know you Billy, the C must be for Cavanagh (not sure of the spelling?) You were in the A class with Paul [i]Menzies, and ?? Pearson

LoshT better known as Lawrence Taylor
[/i]
LoshT Wrote:I'm sure I know you Billy, the C must be for Cavanagh (not sure of the spelling?) You were in the A class with Paul [i]Menzies, and ?? Pearson

LoshT better known as Lawrence Taylor
[/i]
Hello Lawrence,
Close but no cigar. Billy Cavanagh is a year younger than me. Yes I was in Paul's class with Geordie Pearson
Bill Cunningham
Reply to #9
There were girls I knew named Crumley, and Coyne, but I don't know these boys, as far as I can see!! (Long time ago!!) I lived in Primrose so went to The Huts in Finchale Terrace for a short while before going to The Hall.
i went to st bedes ,harold st 1954-59 can you rmember some othe teachers, paddy corr hughie cunningham, corrigan,tommy bushell mick mc kenna ,donkey o brien, can you remember cunnas big bike and his old car i think it was an austin, mr thompsons leather strap he kept it in his inside jacket pocket smoking in the toilets ,pins in the end of tabs to get the last draw, annie rowlands corner shop, good schooldays days ,holy island island camp,boxing runs round the island early morning ,old ridge tents good days n happy days straw beds ,cold water washing never done us any harm happy days any old bedes lads out there.
Vinnievinyl, if you look on the right of the page you will see a Jarrow handbook.

This will take you to a website by Patrick Brennan called Donmouth.

Click on local history and then photo titled St Bedes and theres loads of St Bedes photos on their and some with the teachers you've named.

Hope that helps.
Hughie Cunningham was my great-uncle but he didn't let that put him off. I was regularly in trouble for not going to 9am Mass. I would go to early Mass so I could get my papers done. It was always a good idea to remember what colour vestment the priest had on as that was your only proof although sometimes a lucky guess would do. Green was usually a knoccking bet
or even knocking
Billyc Wrote:Hello Lawrence,
Close but no cigar. Billy Cavanagh is a year younger than me. Yes I was in Paul's class with Geordie Pearson
Bill Cunningham
Of course.. I'm sure I've seen you running around york avenue and Roman road?, but not for sometime?? I hope you are well.

LT
boy does this bring back memories, I used to go there in early 60's (i think)
Pat Wrote:Reply to #9
There were girls I knew named Crumley, and Coyne, but I don't know these boys, as far as I can see!! (Long time ago!!) I lived in Primrose so went to The Huts in Finchale Terrace for a short while before going to The Hall.

I also lived in Primrose (chillingham Ter) and went to the huts. I remember filling up the coal bucket for the teacher.