Bede Walker - brother of Theresa Walker
jarraman Wrote:Jane, Bede Walker does ring a bell. I'll ask a few people. In the meantime hold on as someone will give you an answer.Wink

jarraman, My sister went to school with Bede Walker who would be 71 now. He should be on the St Peter's photo in the school album. Although whoever added the names didn't identify Bede on the photo.
Hi Jonii, Thanks for your post. Bede would be 85 now so I don't think it's the same one.

Jane.
Ive heard that Bede gets in the Ellison social club in Jarrow. Further details to follow this weekend.
Hi Jarraman,

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been able to get on the internet for a while. Did you find anything out at the club?

Thanks,
Jane.
Will phone mate tommorow. Sorry forgot.
Hello Jane,
I know that this is an old thread but Bede A Walker appears in my family tree. His Mother Mary nee Anderson was my Grandmother's sister. Don't know if this helps any but my Mother is still with us and knew the family.
Best Regards PJM
Hi,

For some reason I just decided to look at this thread after nearly 4 years tonight! Yes that is definitely the same family because my dad researched it. If you know anything about Bede I would be so grateful as my Nan is still alive and will be 93 on Saturday. She has not heard from him for over 50 years I think.

Jane.
I just spoke to my dad who has loads of family history on this. Mary Walker (nee Anderson) was my nan's mum who she nursed at her home in Sheffield until she died in 1950s. So that means your grandma was my nan's aunt (I think!)

Jane.
Sorry, me again. I could ask my Nan if she remembers your Grandma. What was her name?

Jane.
Hello Jane, Yes you are correct, my Gran was your Nan's Aunt. Your Nan's Mother and my Gran were sisters. My Gran was Elizabeth Anderson b1899 married James Andrew McCall 1922. My Mother is Catherine Milburn (nee McCall) b1931. I have already spoken to her about this and she remembers Bede being in the house when she visited her Auntie Polly's (Mary Anderson), but he was 6 years older than her ,so can't remember holding a conversation with him. She remembers Miles Jenkins who married Jenny and she thinks one of the other sisters married a Buckley / Buxton but unsure as to which one. She remembers Bede moving away somewhere but at the moment can't quite recall the detail. That's all I have so far but I've been here before with Mam and she will probably recall other details at a later date. If you have anything specific you want me to ask her let me know.
Best Regards Paul J Milburn